tutorial

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by shackleford, Dec 24, 2006.

1. is there anywhere that has some good articles on wiring and electrical setups for grow boxes or just wiring for things like fans and lighting fixture?

2. come on there has to be something someone knows about

3. My opinion is you leave that stuff to the pro's. There isnt anything you need to use that you cant buy that isnt already wired and just needs to be plugged in. Really think that through, your risking alot with electrical fires.

4. just go to your local hardware store or amazon or ebay and order a basic lighting book... you can use it as long as you need it and is well worth the investment if you dont know what you are doing. OR you can use bit torrent to find some ebooks on wiring

5. or better still dude ask a good friend to help you that knows what he's doing cause wrong wiring can end up in short circuits which lead to fires.. not really worth that risk in my opinion.. good luck though i'm also on my first grow buddy :):)

6. yea i can do electronics with dc and schematics if im given the right parts ive just never really worked with ac ive rewired stuff but never built

7. It's pretty simple as long as you shut off the power BEFORE the spot where you are working and pay attention to what you are doing. You are always dealing with a hot, neutral and ground wire... it's just a matter of hooking the right one up to the right connection. Go to home store and buy the $15 book on electrical wiring. I have used this as a reference for a while now and it has great diagrams.

8. thank you ph0neman

9. no problem shackleford. also i have a pdf file called electricity demystified that goes a little more in depth... let me know if you would like a copy of it (like how it actually works) ac and dc electricity approx 380+ pages good stuff

10. Deleted...

Do a search, its on this forum about 5 times.