turntable question

Discussion in 'Music genres, Bands and Artists' started by PassTheGrass, Jul 31, 2011.

1. so i have the technics 1210 m5g that i got a couple years back for like $400 new. i just looked it up looking to buy another, and saw they are $1300 bucks now! mine is in awesome condition, so should i just sell it and buy two more cheaper ones? or is it really that much better than the competition?

2. Technics models have probably gone up in price because the Technics line was discontinued either this year or last. the 1210 m5g is an outstanding table so I don't see any reason in getting rid of it for a cheaper model which can have speed issues, less torque, or faulty anti-skate... "if it ain't broke..." you know? Congrats on the sexy TT btw, I have wanted Technics for a long time though my at-lp120 certainly satisfies me :D

3. so it will just keep escalating in price then? ohhh yessssss! quite the investment i have then

4. I think you've made some profit, for sure. :smoke:

Can't say how valued they will become, but as the quintessential DJ table and vinyl in a little bit of a "resurgence" I'd say there's still potential growth there. Not that a 250% profit you have now is in any way a trivial investment return lol.

5. God I want a better turntable.... Gotta start saving up so I can get a Debut III. That shit looks amazing.

6. I would save that turn table. It is a collectable and will always be worth good $$

7. I've got 2 brand new Technics SL-1200MK2PK (Black) and an Ecler Nuo 2.0 mixer sitting in the boxes. Got them 10 years ago and they have less than 2 hours on em and I never really had a chance to use em.

Wonder if they are worth anything?

8. you can get $200-$250 each if they are in really good condition

9. Yea they are brand new but that's not anywhere near what I paid for them so yea I'll just keep em and will them to the "old audio gear" museum.

10. You could hook one up and use it XD. Vinyl makes the digital kiddies jealous.