turning your weed purple?

Discussion in 'Advanced Growing Techniques' started by imBaked, Oct 19, 2007.

1. well, i heard somewhere that when weed is grown under 40 degrees F, it turns purple.
    doesn't matter about what strain it is, it just happens

but i'm not too experienced in growing...
    so is this true?
    have any of you done this or maybe even heard of it?

2. ive never heard of this one, but i have heard of watering your plants with water that has been mixed with purple food coloring. the plant absorbs the purple water turning it purple. allowing you to sell some mids off as some dank purp. but dont do that, thats a gay move.

3. The leaves will turn purple.But BTW ur stressing ur plant the bud wont b as good as it wouldive been without the cold weather.

4. yeah if your gonna go the food coloring route (which as homie stated above total "gay move") but try other colors and trip your friends out

5. are you telling me if i watered my weed with like, blue, yellow, or even white dye they'd turn that colour?!?!?!?

6. Well I dont know of any white food coloring but in theroy yes. I may be the only one but in 3rd grade or so we threw a peice of live celerey in some water with some food coloring and it sucked it right up.

Or you can always just buy a purp strain...

7. yeah but i think its that if its cold out while its budding it will shock your plant making it look purple.

8. we used carnations

9. I also remember usign carnations, because the whole flower didnt change color, just certain parts. I think at some point we also used celery. BTW, high everyone ;p. I'm new here.

10. where to begin?

1st you need a purp gene in the strain.

2nd 55 degrees and below are bad for pot.

i have a mr nice, purp afgani hash and a couple blueberry strains that will not show color if the temps rise above 76-77 lights on and lights off the temp Must drop to 65 at least. i keep it 6O-65 lights off.

most nutes ive used were blue, green, and now bright yellow. if the food dye would work on growing weed? wouldnt you think these nute colors would show.

many antiqated thoughts lie w/me.

11. So food coloring will not hurt the plant? cause i wanna do it just for the cool efects of it being like red.. or blue or something cool like that.

12. the reason cut flowers/celery pull the colors up is the lack of roots to remove the color.

i think you might get weed to do this After you cut it put it in the dye water. ?? just a guess. hmmmm i can actually test this easy enough. no food color in house. so be a few days.

anyone tried this just for giggles?