Turning travel trailer into grow room.

Discussion in 'Grow Room Design/Setup' started by Smokey Bernie, Feb 7, 2013.

1. Hello all, Ive been researching on here for 2 yrs or so and have finally gotten my card from Washington. Woohoo!!!! So here I am wanting to grow but I rent and have no room inside, so my idea is to get an old travel trailer(they are pretty cheap to almost free sometimes) and gut it out leaving the furnace and min other stuff like maybe the sink dunno yet. That way I can grow when its cold here. I would easily have enough room for veg, mother, clone area, prob 2 flower rooms, drying/trimming area and plenty of room to run venting all thru the trailer as I see fit. Im gonna close the drapes on the windows so no one can see in and enclose the window from inside with plywood so no one could break in. Reinforce the door also Im gonna be living here for prob another 2 yrs until I buy a house so this seems to be my best option. That way when I move I take it with me. Im thinking a 16-20ft trailer. What do you guys think? I think this should work well. My backyard is fenced and only neighbors to the left and across me. Has anyone evr heard of this being done? Looking foward to getting my grow on. Any info would be great, Thanks guys. :smoking:

2. Gonna prob start with a 600 or dimmable 1000 HPS. Was thinking probly 600 cause Ill prob add another flower area so Im shooting for 2 rooms with a min of 4X4 each area, maybe 5X5. Ill have to see what the trailer would allow....

3. That's some operation. Sounds legitimate if you have the discipline to pull it off.

4. From my experience the best stealthy grow room all have wheels, as per your tailer idea, start with you ideal grow space, and work up and out, ie.

600w hps = 1 sq yard (3 square feet) 9 plants in 3 gall pots for 3 months x 2 = 1200w at 6 sq feet plus 50% more space for veg room and clone area = roughly 16 ft trailer.. ensure you have it located with an ease of access and is private, install legal and correct electrical wiring and a functional sewage tank 9-12 gallons is good...always gives it away is the electrical cord hanging at a window, steamed windows, shitty curtains...easy for a FLIR jockey to shine some interest ....lol

peace
    "V"

5. yeah thanks, Im gonna do just that, working up and out. I will redo all wiring and install an electrical panel to handle everything. Fir out the walls and ceiling with prob 2x2's and then staple white plastic over walls floor and ceiling. I should have more than enough venting and cooling so that shouldnt be an issue. This will be a legal grow so Im not worried about FLIR. Also thinking of putting up a action activated camera so if anyone gets any funny ideas Ill have em on film and will use that to prosecute. Cant wait to get started!!!!! Gotta find me a trailer.....

6. Post some pics of the idea you got in mind for trailer. Would be cool to go through the process.

Might make sense to have the camera from the house looking at the trailer so you can cover both the trailer and the house but putting an alarm in the tent may be just enough to scare people away.

The awesome part is that its essentially a car so you can get car alarms and auto start functions for and of your stuff. I had a car alarm that told me my car temp when I was walking to my car so I know if I should start it up to heat it up or lower windows to cool it down. The fact that its a car opens you up to a lot of options.

7. I will document the whole process once I start. Gotta get some cash and find a trailer. Im at the end of a dead end street so there is pretty much only traffic from pple who live here. My yard is fenced and I can set up a cam from many diff angles so if someone tries to rip me off they have to 1) jump a 6ft wood fence, 2) cut a lock off the gate from the inside of backyard, 3) open a double gate to drive in backyard and hook up to trailer. And if someone wants to come on foot, this too will all be caught on camera. This is a medical grow so I have no problem prosecuting. Dont think I should have any problems. Possibly set up a cam that I can access from my phone or the internet. My buddy set up an alarm in his house and it sends a text message to him if there is movement around his house and he can then check his cameras. Pretty cool. Cant wait!!!

8. subd......cannot wait to see this transformation

9. Rent house? It could work.

Fans make a bit of noise. You can quite them, but I think you will have a hell of a time making the trailer make NO NOISE at all if you were standing next to it at night.

Just something to think about. Anyone who walks by and notices a slight noise may perk up to help notify you that your motor home is running/has something on.

10. Yeah I thought about the noise issue but its not really a concern. But to be safe I was thinking of a small area that I would insulate to house the inline fan, ballasts and whatever else. Which would help to deaden the sound So really the only noise wood be from an oscilating fan for the most part. My backyard is so private and no one comes in the backyard over there at night at all. I have all the gates locked also. So if you have to be right next to the trailer to hear anything then I m golden. Think about it, Ill have a mother/clone/veg area, a flower room, a dry and trim area all within the trailer thats mobile. When I move.. I tow it away.
    @ JHerrer Fan that cam looks pretty cool.

11. Ty. It's not ideal for privacy.. More baby monitor like buy an option.

12. They make some really cool trailers online. Just google "Grow Trailer"