Turning Hash into Oil

Discussion in 'Harvesting and Processing Marijuana' started by ForrestBurnz, Dec 23, 2011.

1. Just had some dabs.... grrrrrreat. Super stoned. hits you super fast. not really sure about the yield but the oil turned into this hard sticky like substance. Ash was white and melted all the way through. i still have a bit and can upload a video if you'd like.

2. nice job!

3. all thanks to you my bud!

4. Hey if you don't mind may i ask what was your final outcome? Out of the 3.5 grams of hash; how much oil did you get?
    I have an eighter of bubble hash and i just bought a oil dome so i'm really interested in this method lol :p

5. I would say definitely do it. I used less than a gram and got some really nice product. i never weighed it but i'd say i got about 80-70%

6. Sweet man, thanks for your input i'll try to make it asap and i'll post the results :smoke:
    One other thing; I dont have a dish to place the oil in; do you think a glass ash tray will work?

Also did you use 91% iso?

7. Anyone know if i can load up a honey tube with Hash and blast it with butane like trim or flowers?

8. doing this right now with a shit load of hash :D ill post a picture 

9. Could you possibly use 70% rubbing alcohol for this process?

10. hi thanks for all the cool info. I've gone thru the process to the extent that I'm now waiting for the iso to evap, having put first screening in freezer for over two hours, then filtered again into plate. color is nice but how long does it usually take for the iso to evap? I have about two grams of hash and 5x iso on the plate right now.

11. OP is 7 years old bro

12. hi thanks for the great info. About how long does it take for the iso to evap? I have about 2 grams of hash and 5x iso on a plate following the freezer and second filtering.

13. Again OP is 7 years old it's unlikely you'll get a reply man

14. wow, didn't even notice, thanks for the heads up. Couldn't find a helpful thread re: my question about the iso evap, do you happen to know?

• Like Like x 1

15. No idea man I've never done it myself, i only really smoke hash & weed never fucked with making my own hash oil

16. no worries, thanks anyway

• Like Like x 1
  17. Takes 2-3 hours with a fan blowing on it to evaporate for me. Depends on the humidity where you live though.

18. So I know this post is old but still.most helpful thread that I've found. So I just wanted to see if anyone answers. I am going to try this with one gram of bubble hash after it's done... so it dissolves rather quickly into ISO ? After freeze for 3 hours, how long before I need to filter again ?

19. I know this is super old but I figured it was worth a shot. How long do I dissolve the bubble hash in the iso ? And how long after it's out of the freezer do I pour theu the coffee filter ??? Thanks

20. What percent of alcohol should be used....60%? 90%? Iso, rubbing alcohol