Turning 20

Discussion in 'General' started by Malvolio, Sep 19, 2012.

1. Hey guys, so it's my 20th birthday tomorrow, and I'm finding it a slightly bizarre feeling that I won't be a teenager anymore! Being a teenager has always been a great excuse to fuck about and do pretty much what ever I want, but now I might have to grow the fuck up! So how did you guys feel on your 20th birthday?

2. Angry, haha. I sat in the DMV for about 6 hours waiting to get my license renewed

3. Haha, fuck that. I'm just gonna be as drunk and as high as I can be all day and hopefully things will go smoothly.

4. Dunno, pretty sure I worked. I started working full time in a factory literally 2 days after my high school graduation ceremony, so I suppose I "grew" up early. Turning 20 really didn't seem like a big deal, just once year closer to being able to buy alcohol (and btw, I didn't drink on my 21st birthday, or even buy alcohol).

I'll be turning 23 in two months. My birthday falls on a Friday, and I actually have vacation time this year! So, I'll probably take off at least Friday, but maybe Thursday/Monday as well and just have a long, super-stoney weekend.

5. That's pretty intense man. I'm at uni now so, even though I'll be turning 20, I still have a couple of years of studying and messing about. Have fun with your super stoney weeken bro!

6. Yea, I'm actually pretty excited! I think the last time I had off work for my birthday was when I was 18 or 19, and that's because it fell on a weekend. I've never been one to really "celebrate" my birthday, so I decided this year I should at least take some time off now that I have a second week's vacation time.

Edit: I'm stilling "studying" as well--going to school part time. I don't think I'd really enjoy the "college lifestyle." I like where I'm at in my life. :)

7. jesus how are you gona feel when you turn 40 if your like this over turning 20.
    get a grip will ye theres fuck all difference between 19 and 20

8. right now it isnt "fuck all difference" for him if he is going through that stage of development... i remember turning twenty and thinking it was a milestone and i felt awesome about it... now i realize it was just another birthday but i can still remember how significant i thought it was.

i don't think you need to get a grip though, man. enjoy that shit

9. well it made fuckkall difference to me, but i suppose i was already living on my own & was putting myself through school so i suppose i had already grown up

10. #10 Malvolio, Sep 19, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 19, 2012
    Quite a big difference. I don't fear it, but there is an undeniable expectation within society when you;re no longer a teen.

I will also freely admit that I've had an easy life and I've never really had to be responsible. I'm not childish or immature, but I still wouldn't classify myself as an adult because the only responsibility I really have is getting through uni.

11. Thanks bro, I plan to enjoy it!