Turn Off Your Radio and Open Your Mind..Light an L to These

Discussion in 'General' started by Romain, Aug 25, 2007.

1. So, you like to smoke and listen to Hip-Hop?

But are you really listening to raw emcee's spitting shit from deep thought or some hyped, radio edit Eh Baby toilet inhabitants that flow and connect worse than Juelz?

if you gotta hate on any of these..do it, but you MUST tell me what's "better"

Listen to this:

[​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG][​IMG] [​IMG][​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

You gotta know where hip-hop was to know where it's going

2. yeah I already know about MOST of those not all though

3. I smoke and listen to classic rock/metal. To each there own. (words to live by)

4. Romain, do you listen to Blues?

Magic Sam, Blind Willie Johnson... Check them out, that's were it all started.

5. Yeah definately i love listening to jazz and the blues when i smoke it's real relaxing i got presets for all the old rhythm radio stations in my area

6. Hm...I love hip hop myself and have been trying to find some new good artists.

I dont listen to that shit on the fuckin radio.

Pretty exclusive to Biggie, Nas, Immortal Technique, N.W.A and a few others.

Hows this compare to them?

7. You guys should check out Lootpack and Quasimoto, both groups that feature the producer/rapper Madlib. Sick samples.

8. man its so cool to know others are able to enjoy some good hip-hop. today is crap but all those albums you put up were genius

9. lol @ rap/hip hop

10. in my truck i have

two of those cds..

another good cd that should be put on is dr.octogon that old one..with blue flowers

and wheres de la soul...tread water is a great amazing song...

the j dilla/jaylib stuff is GREAT...as is tribe called quest....roots too

ive always always liked funcrusher by company flow

great list though

maybe some mf doom could be added...but great none the less

11. I gotta say illmatic by NaS is a wonderful hip hop cd when stoned.

12. Anyone is welcome to post their own album Covers..and yeah, MF DOOM i really like too those are just the main ones i'm listening to now

If you like Quasimoto, you should check out DJ Spinbad

13. listen to some of this shit
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

14. Incubus is the greatest band to walk the earth imo, always will be, close to them is sublime, these are in no certain order, obviously because incubus is at the bottom

<center>
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

</center>

15. Wow. Way to flood a hip-hop thread with mostly mediocre 90s rock groups. ^^^^

16. lol.. to the OP, those are some good groups, try DE LA SOUL

-JAH

17. 3 feet high and rising is always going to be in my collection...always...i dont go a day without hearing a single song off of that album...

18. AOI Bionix is another good De La record. More of a heavier, swing-orientated sound.

19. Ha, yeah man, i have the whole De La Discography..i said again, this isn't my whole music collection

It's cool, I listen to Incubus and alot of hardcore..just try and keep it Hip-Hop :smoke: