turn key hydro systems

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by smokesup89, Oct 24, 2008.

1. i have been looking for a good turn key system for my first hydroponic grow. does anyone know of any good ones for me to look at?:wave:

2. Build your own. They are cheap and efficient. Do a search for "DWC" or "Deep Water Culture" in this forum to get some good ideas.

If you really want to buy something, try BGHydro. Or, Google "Hydroponic Grow System". You should find what you are looking for.

Please keep in mind that you need to be a lot more precise with hydro. There is little room for error. If you are not an experienced grower I suggest you get a few soil grows under your belt before you tackle hydro.

Good luck.

3. i would build my own, but Im honestly not that handy. I was looking at Sunlightsheds sunspeaker. It appears to have everything I would need to start. Any opinions? I wouldnt be able to get it for a couple months though.

4. Handy or not, for $1,200 you can do a lot better.

First, there is no way that that box would hold 6 of my fully grown plants. Not nearly enough room in there.

Second, 150W for 6 plants is just not enough for optimal growth. 150W is barely enough for 2 plants.

For those that want to see this system, here it is...

http://www.sunlightsheds.com/Sun-Speaker.htm

Like I said. You can do much better, even buying a turn key system, for $1,200.

Good luck.

5. sorry about the time, computer troubles, but thanx for ur input on the system

6. No need to appologise. I don't expect responses within a certain timeframe. :)

Is this a stealth grow you are trying to do? Check out the grow room design section of the site. You may get some good ideas from there. And you may surprise yourself with how handy you are.

Good luck.

7. thanx for the advice. Ive been checking out other systems on the site lately. I was thinking about building four bubble buckets with a 400 watt hps light with a cool tube. Im not sure about the exhaust yet but Im still looking around. Hopefully I should be ready in about two weeks instead of buying one.

8. That's more like it. You should be able to save yourself about $700 doing it that way.

Bubble buckets are really simple to construct. Just make sure that you monitor them very closely. Things can go down hill in a hurry when growing hydro. The results are fantastic, but just take your time and make sure everything is the way it's supposed to be.

Good luck.

9. always appreciate the advise, At my job they want me to build a few buckets for fresh tomatoes in their greenhouse. (I work in a kitchen at a college) so I will startwith that before I even try with bagseed. Still trying to read as much as I can in the mean time though

10. I have seen the BC Northern lights producer in action(in person)and I have to say that it is an exceptional machine. Everything is controlled and produces great results. It comes with everything you need. Although building your own systems is very cheap, things like temperature and humidity are controlled, which can slow growth to a crawl if not monitored closely. IMHO some of the best bud I have ever smoked came out of one of those machines. BTW I think they have a sale now on a few display models so you could probally get one for a good discount.