Tulsi Gabbard 2020

Discussion in 'Politics' started by VikingToker, Jan 13, 2019.

1. Just found out that she is running for President in the upcoming election. As a humble and ignorant foreigner, I believe that Tulsi Gabbard has exactly the right set of qualities for the coming 2020 American political climate.

[​IMG]

I think she deserves your attention, whether you favor Trump, Bernie or Paul, and has what America needs in this time of political upheaval.

How much do you guys know about her, if at all?
    How do you feel about her ideas and policies?
    How do you view her chances?
    Etc, anything Tulsi Gabbard

Any data is interesting, though I'm mostly curious about American opinions

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  2. Na. I'm good

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  3. Would smash. She looks a little aged but I bet she still gets down. Like eating a fine aged cheese with a fine aged wine I say. :bongin:

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  4. Probably the most in depth interview you'll find of any politician.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 3
  5. She'd make a great potus.
    But she is very anti war, which won't make the democrats and media happy.
    She's so anti war that the media might prefer trump.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  6. I'd prefer Bernie, but i think she stands a better chance at beating Trump. Just a gut feeling.

• Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. Trump also ran on the anti-war platform, and the media also hated him. He laughed all the way to the oval office. Though, I suppose, the media loved(/s) him for the truckloads of money he made(/kes) them.

She will have to conquer the media, though, somehow. I think by 2020 she can do this by alternative media - Joe Rogan, as GW points out, is a broad platform, if a goofy one.

Why is the media so pro-war, per your understanding?

8. That's an easy one. Boeing, Lockheed Martin, GE, Raytheon all advertise on the MSM.

• Winner Winner x 1
  9. The Israelis will also object to her so she'll be up against it. The Israeli media have already started spewing their propaganda.

Democratic presidential contender Gabbard supports and criticizes Israel

I like Gabbard but she's far too sensible and honest to ever by POTUS.

• Friendly Friendly x 2
  10. #10 nitro harley, Jan 13, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 13, 2019
    I lived in Hawaii for a few years and that would be a No, but good luck. She looks nice though..

Gabby better clean up this before she comes over and wants to get Haolies to vote for her...just saying...

Haole is a Hawaiian term that refers to individuals who are not Native Hawaiian or Polynesian, usually white people ... There are rumors that in Hawaii the last day of school is called "Kill Haole Day". ... Hawaii schools have responded by saying that they take the initiative to achieve tolerance, safety, compassion

11. She sure does. Why the no? Don't like her voting? Poor leader? Corruptible? Ideological? Interested in as much data as you'll give me :)

12. I added to my post above because I forgot the best part after I posted. There is a lot to do in Hawaii before she thinks about telling the rest of us she would do a good job running the country.

13. OK. I'm not gonna offer any argument, just looking for data, at this stage

• Like Like x 1
  14. Mixed bag. I like her strong anti imperial perspective and appreciate her heterodoxy on foreign policy. That being said she goes far too much into Assad apologia for my taste. Additionally her actual foreign policy is somewhat misaligned with her public statements. She often implies that we should reduce foreign occupations but say we need to support allies directly in the fight on ISIS. These two are fairly contradictory and my guess is she is more hawkish than she lets on. Additionally, policy goals like universal higher ed tuition, Medicare for all, higher wages etc are policies she seems to support but not something she tends to focus on as much as other candidates to my liking. Additionally, I think she doesn’t have any real factor that makes her a more appealing candidate than many other democratic candidates. She’s not as popular or as well known as Bernie. She can’t appeal to trump supporters more than someone like Richard Ojeda. She can’t make an argument from the left when it comes to economics. The only real leg she has to stand on is anti imperialism and most people don’t vote based on foreign policy.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Thats OK Viking I understand..I will add to my thoughts about Hawaii. Its a great place to go but its a culture that hasn't became american the way some would think and the politicians don't rock the boat about the problems it has been accustomed to. I could say that racism is at wide open throttle and if you don't like it you can go back where you came from.
    That other Hawaiian woman politician that said men should sit down and shut up is an example of what we would deal with if they had more power. The Haole's are thought of as trespassers and are not welcomed in a majority of the state. We don't need that shit on the mainland and I don't see it getting better any time soon.

If she won the primary it would be brutal and her unwillingness to address her own states racism towards white people would be more trouble than she even knows..imo

16. Can you give me an example of this Assad "apologia" and why it's a bad thing.

I think saying being against foreign occupation and supporting allies against the fight against radical extremist groups is not a contradiction.

Her stance on domestic issues you've stated does need to be tested due to her lack of exposure, but she did back Bernie in 2016 and campaigned with him during that election. A Bernie/Tulsi run would be a force I think. We'll see.

As far as appealing to conservatives, take a look at the recent comments on Joe Rogans interview with her. Not 100% conclusion on conservatives viewpoint on her, but it seems they are warm to the idea. Give it a read.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Are you saying the natives peoples are hostile to a foreign occupation?

• Winner Winner x 1
  18. Well, I know that some of the native Hawaiians want their country back with a Hawaiian traditional government. But I know they wouldn't like it after the welfare checks quit coming. Where I lived on the big Island it was mostly Philippine Hawaiians and Marshall Islanders and every friday night was chicken fighting night. I wasn't that into it but it was something to do with out being rude when invited. Sometimes I was the only Haole there and I fit in better than most being a fisherman so I had a good time and was treated with respect.

If you ever go to the Big Island take a drive through Puna and hang out with some locals then tell me what you think. They might even smoke some dope with you and I know they would sell you some.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 2