tulip and cross joints

Discussion in 'Other Smoking Accessories' started by neal33, Oct 9, 2009.

1. Well I was over at my buddies house and we decided to roll a blunt... even had someone buy the phillies to roll with. but that quickly changed as everyone tried to get me to roll a tulip and a cross joint. tulip, now those are easy. cross joints however are a different task. wasnt that it was tough to make, it just didnt work out that great. ehh, it was my first attempt on the cross so i dont care.
    [​IMG]

2. Cross joints work just as advertised. They just might be hard to get right your first time. How'd you make yours? I roll a joint and cut two wholes a half inch or so from the top on each side. Then roll two "half joints" and you can do the match from there. It's worked like a charm for me every time when I do it like that.

3. i found some guide online that said to roll a fatty and a pinner. then i put a hole in the fatty and stuck the pinner through. i put a rip in the pinner so it'd actually smoke.
    it did, but the center smoked faster and the sides just fell off before they were finished.
    wanst too bad tbh, just hoped all would meet perfectly in the center.

4. Well if you stick with that method...just put the cross farther down the main joint and it should meet perfectly. I think it'd be a better idea to roll the two joints the same size, personally. Then you can eyeball the placement a lot better.

5. in my experience, weve had the most luck when we roll two pretty equal fatties then put a large wedge in each one, then use a few extra glue trips to hold it together. It does take some trial and error to get the timing right tho

6. #6 TheBeardMan, Oct 10, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 10, 2009
    Why not try this, it's basically a three joint holder.

1. Get a straw(s) that has a big enough diameter to get a j in it.

2. Cut the straw into one 3/2" (or around that) length and one that is about 3".

3. Cut a v out of both sides of the 3/2" straw at the midpoint. Cut a v out of both sides of the 3" straw about 3/4" from one end.

4. Fit the straws together through the holes you cut, this may involve some experimenting.

5. Roll 3 joint that are pretty close in length and a diameter that fits in the straw.(Note- crutches are not needed for these)

6. Light all three and enjoy the "trivectum" of joint smoking awesomeness.

Final note- this joint holder can be reused. So, yes, I know it takes awhile to make, but since you can use it multiple times it's worth it, I think.