Tuff Shed Set Up ??

Discussion in 'Grow Room Design/Setup' started by zachazoom27, Jul 9, 2014.

1. I just bought a house and it is coming with a 10x10 tuff shed that is already fitted with electricity. I am wanting to only grow 2-3 plants. I will have to get an ac unit because I live in California an it is currently 102 today. I am thinking of doing a fake wall to make a 3x10 grow area. I am wanting ideas of what to include. I am thinking of cfls beaus electricity is cheaper. I was thinking approx 7000 lumens per plant and wanted to get shorter plants. Does anyone have ideas on how to ventilate, light, setup?

Thanks,

First timer

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

2. for me cheap system are the most expensive and time consuming to operate; while expensive systems tend to be the more economical to maintain. I would insulate your shed. if you are using the false wall i recommend a grow tent set up behind the false wall. Modern tents are strong and convenient. I am an LED light fan. you want to keep you plants on the shorter side; blue light makes plants short and stocky with thick stems. you can add red as you go into flower from the same light. for ac a ductless split mini will allow you to use co2. there is a lot more control you can exercise over your room. 

3. By the time you get enough CFL light to grow halfway decent buds you will be spending the same if not more as a 400W HPS on electricity... a watt is a watt but what you can control is the spectrum that is emitted from said light... The right LED will make your plant look almost black, and that is a good thing. It means that all the light energy emitted from the light is getting absorbed by the plant. It has to be the right LED though.

4. #4 snoopdog6502, Jul 10, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 10, 2014
    Wall half of it off and put a 1,000w HPS in there with a small AC. 12 bucket hydro. Get after it now and you can have a pound+ by Christmas.

5. hey i saw this at the hydro store and thought somebody ripped off snoops idea! 

Thats sweet, I recommend that for sea of green. The pools are $15 though.

7. I wish i had an outdoor area. maybe one day. hey man i was hoping you would check out my grow it is linked in my signature. I would love to hear from you on it. go easy though you know i am an LED fan :smoke: 
    I put new pics of my Mary up. I have a timelapse i am running with her right now too i will put that up at the end. 

8. Thanks for all the help. I move in in two week and will post pictures. I have never thought of hydro as i heard soil is easier and an produce just a good of bud. Did I hear wrong?:( I am excite to start. Thank you for your help!

9. Be careful of using an outbuilding for a grow space. As per Jorge Cervantes it's the absolute worst place to grow due to pests, atmosphere and and especially security. Guess it all depends on how much you invest into all of the above dangers. Good luck man!

Be water my friend.

Great points here!

OP seal that sucker up. Since you're starting from a clean slate (I assume the shed is empty), give it a thorough cleaning...bleach solution. Scrub the floors, walls, anywhere that you can. Seal everything up. No air or light gaps. Remember, electrical outlets are a huge problem for sheds, it's an instant gateway often overlooked into the walls where pests hang out (assuming your shed has finished walls like drywall).

11. It is a tuff shed brand fully insulated. I am going to rip up the carpet to the base and clean the crap out of it bug bomb it let it air out for a few days then I am going to create a large box and set up Mylar. Thanks for all th help and tips. I really appreciate it.

12. As long as I keep it ventilated and sealed from light I should be good. Not too worried about security. It is legal anyways as I have a med card.