tubes that hit like old school jbd or chong glass?

Discussion in 'Bongs, Dab Rigs, Bubblers, Water Pipes' started by standanddeliver420, Aug 31, 2013.

1. Im in the market for a new tube to add to the collection. I have been looking for something special that would hit like a cannon like how the old school jbd used to hit. Its been a while since i bought a new piece so im not sure about where to get a new one like this. im all about funtionality as well. i have a 3 ft chong so i dont care if its blown out or not. I just miss that old way the jbd hit. i had the vixen and the 1.5 ft and both got taken. are there anymore blowers out there that mad tubes that hit like that? i dont really care about percs as i already have a hvy with 8 tree perc and it has too much drag and hits to soft for me even when i chalk it up... the jbd had the perfect action and i mean every jbd ive tried. all i see now are fancy tubes and ive tried a bunch and some hit well but not like that old school jbd. all help would be great

2. The only thing I hit comparable to my old jbd would be my buddies zob, although it had a showerhead downstem and disk diffused slide which only amplifies airflow

3. thanks for the answer Girpony i will take a look at zong...im thinking maybe a straight tube of some brand. I noticed from looking at my chong slide and jdb slide and they seem like they are a bit larger than the standard 18mm like maybe 19 or 20 mm. they are a mm or 2 too big for the standard large size. wonder if that has something to do with it

4. #5 shaggish, Aug 31, 2013
    Last edited: Aug 31, 2013
  5. thats exactly what i was looking for...i wonder if they sell those z-11 hippie still...looks perfect

6. im goin to drive 12 hours to adams apple on tuesday to talk to shelly (of course visiting friends and fam while there but a perfect excuse for a chi town road trip)...ordering up the z-11 the hippy or z-12 they both look sick and are exactly what i want

7. You'll love it I got a one footer from them and it rips.

8. I'm pretty sure what you are talking about is the result of having a large, non-diffused down stem. The single giant hole gives it the chug and rumble all the old school guys talk about.  

9. any beaker with no perks will get you what you want 

10. @[member="AfganiKush"] i think you are probably right about that...the more i think about i bet you are. i remember the old school jbd had a sleeve and slide set that were like 2 mm wider than standard which made them hit harder

11. straight tubes are where its at. 

12. Just buy a plain straight tube and replace the diffused downstem with a one holed downstem....my LHS sells them. I always feel like I get better taste with less diffusion. Go for the 18mm if you really want that chugging heavy hitter