Trypophobia

Discussion in 'Smoking Accessories Q&A' started by SpaceGuru, May 13, 2014.

1. #1 SpaceGuru, May 13, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: May 13, 2014
    Quick question here; you guys have probably seen the 'trypophobia' trend the last few years; apparently it's a fear of clusters of holes. I don't seem to have this fear, but I sometimes see pipes at headshops (very pricey ones) that have what looks like a three-dimensional honeycomb inside of a marble. It looks see through in my favorite ones so it seems like its a sort of holographic illusion, I have no idea though. Since I don't know what they are referred to I just call them trypophobia, or tryptophobic, pipes. I've come hear to ask you all what these features are actually referred to (if it isn't a technique too obvious to name) and how they are made?

[​IMG]

2. Its a fumed honeycomb. they fume the inside with silver and or gold then dot the outside with clear. A little glass magic and then you have that

Sent from my MB886 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

3. I have that, I hate it.  If you think you have it, don't do that quiz online it will disturb you to no end

4. #4 4shotmark, May 13, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: May 13, 2014
    I have this as well as bathophobia.

There are these seed pods that have this pattern on them that float around in the flooded rice fields where I duck hunt, and even just wading through them to get to a duck blind gives me the creeps.

Don't even get me started on those images where they photoshop the pattern on a human to look like some nasty disease...