Trying to use LED light bar as grow light

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by KingPlatypus, Mar 4, 2014.

1. #1 KingPlatypus, Mar 4, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 4, 2014
    I own a Chauvet Colorrail LED lightbar. It has 128 red LEDs, 96 green LEDs, and 96 blue LED lights in it. While it was made for stage lighting, I was hoping to use it as a grow light. I just started germinating two seeds a few days ago, and I want to have the best light set up as possible. Right now all that we have are some fluorescent lights, which is rather mediocre. I want to know if I can use the Colorrail's LED lights as the primary lighting. I can change the amount of red, blue, or green it puts out by adjusting the output of each color by a scale of 0-244. So I could turn the green to 0, and leave the red and blue at 244 to get a lovely purple color, and vice versa. Between the adjustments I can make just about every color. 

So is it was possible to use the Colorrail? If so, what color spectrum should I set the LEDs to? Should there be more red than blue during veg state? Does flowering require different colors? 

Here's a link to the Chauvet Colorrail light bar I have

http://www.chauvetlighting.com/colorrail-irc.html

Thanks for your help

2. #2 GOLDENBOY, Mar 5, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 5, 2014
    it wont work because its not the same a grow leds.. go get the proper gear so you can grow dope, dope

3. Try it.... Ya gotta get some white though..... Mostly Blue and  white and a little red  for veg .. Mostly red with a little blue and white for Flower.   Thats the way the LED mfg do it but they have specific  color spectrum chips  you wont have . It might make a good supplemental  light  to use with CFL's

4. It wont work worth a damn... 0.25 watt diodes..... No way.
    Says 1200 lux at 2m... Idk what that means