trying to understand ozone

Discussion in 'Advanced Growing Techniques' started by needa, Jun 16, 2011.

1. ive been told several things so far on ozone and what it will do in a room. they all seem to contradict each other. im wondering what is the correct way to run these things.

im about to start running some really stinky stuff. was told that my carbon scrubber would have to run practically non stop to keep the smell down. whether this is true or not i dunno. but i cannot afford to take the chance. so i ordered a couple cap o3 gens. one for the room and one for the house.

do i need a co2 generator? ive been told that ozone removes the co2 and i have read that ozone adds co2 to a room... but it doesnt last long. does it last long enough? which one is it.

can i leave it on non stop or do i need to set it up with a timer. my filter runs on temp. but im thinking i might need to stick it on a timer itself.

anyone able to help?

2. i really have no knowledge of ozone's effect on plants but i do know that repeated exposure to it is very very VERY bad for your lungs despite that fact it is marketed as being good for your lungs. just thinking of the matter using common sense i would think that ozone (being oxygen) would lower the co2 percentile of the air in your grow room. either you could use an ozone generator and a carbon dioxide generator OR you could take the ozone generators out of the grow room itself and place then right at the doors and windows getting rid of any odor seeping out. like i said i have no actual knowledge on the subject i'm just using common sense which seems to be getting pretty rare.

3. i lived with an electric o3 gen in my living room right behind my chair for a long time... running non stop. i never really noticed anything happening to my body. not saying it didnt... just saying that it may not be as harmful as some think.

this is what makes one think about common sense. which is why i do research. only sometimes it generates more questions. which is why i am here. it says here that o3 gens produce c02. how much. is it enough to counter the oxygen thats added.

common sense tells me to come here to get answers for the questions that my research has raised from people that have experience using them. please show some respect while posting in here.