Trying to switch...

Discussion in 'Vaporizers' started by n3oNLit3, Sep 7, 2016.

1. 5 years ago I had a Volcano, and loved it.. I remember the transition from smoking to vaping to have been fairly easy. I was apparently satisfied with the experience bc I used it daily until I had to quit the herb for a few years.

Now that I am able to indulge again, I mistakenly decided to start out smoking rather than vaping, straight away. Well smoking has taken its toll on me and I have ''the beginning stages'' of COPD. So I find myself needing to switch to vaping..

So here is my issue; I don't like the high comparatively with smoking. Vaping works fine for relieving my pain and treating my depression, but when I ''just wanna get high'' It does not do it for me. As I remember I could almost continually get higher and higher to what felt like infinitum before, and now I just dont enjoy the high as much as smoking.

I have read that the toxins contained in the smoke are contributing to my high and that I need a 'transition' period. I cant seem to fully pull myself away from smoking and its associated high, but the coughing is ridiculously bad and I just cannot continue doing it..

Any thoughts or suggestions?

2. Quit smoking . doh Try edibles , get real high . I find the vape allows me to get higher as I can breathe in more without coughing and smoke more rather than taking tiny baby hits to keep from coughing out a lung ( I have severe chronic COPD 45 year of cigarettes and 35 with both cigs and weed )
    " Well smoking has taken its toll on me and I have ''the beginning stages'' of COPD " this sounds misleading as though the COPD was caused by weed smoking , its not its cigarettes .

3. Baby hits to keep from coughing out a lung.. No BS there!

And yes, the COPD was not caused by the weed smoking. To clarify, it was the many years I spent smoking cigarettes..

4. Have you tried vaping at high temperatures

5. It took me like a week or two of vaping to get a really good high. I love the highs I get from vaporbonging with my Silver Surfer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
  6. How high? I currently vape at 215 C

7. Maybe pair up your vape with a bong, like otroo mentioned. The vapors cooler so you can inhale more.

Sent from my SM-J320R4 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 1
  8. Nevermind I thought you might be vaping at lower temps than that. That's a good temp to be at.

9. Honestly that was my biggest issue when I started to vape.. The high was missing something that I got from smoking, had an emptiness to it.

Give it about a month of only vaping, I'm willing to bet that afterwards, you won't be able to tell a difference.

10. there is a dedicated vape site called Fuckcombustion.com Go there and you will find lots of info on switching to vaping.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Dude, invest in a nice dab rig and vaporize some concentrates when you just want to get high.

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 1