Trying to see Aurora Borealis

Discussion in 'Science and Nature' started by Deleted member 985876, May 24, 2018.

1. #1 Deleted member 985876, May 24, 2018
    Last edited by a moderator: May 25, 2018
    I'm huge fan of the northern lights the strain and, Aurora Borealis. I wish to see the Northern Lights sometime. I'm on the look out for them in my area!

Anyone else here love the majestic aurora?

Northern Lights Forecast

GettyImages-498928946-59cd1dd3af5d3a0011d3a87e.jpg

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  2. Close your eyes and rub them for like 30 seconds then open them!:weed-4:

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  3. popular back east Brothers Grimm, tslfarms and positronics

all put out a NL called Aurora Borealis of varying quality

good luck

• Like Like x 1
  4. Ehh nvm

5. Actually this is quite helpful as well lol.
    Thanks for the great genetics.

6. Optical illusions are quite great as well. :)

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Bros Grimm would be the best bet imo tho now hard to find
    "Yes it's The Brothers Grimm version of Northern Lights! Truly outstanding individuals were selected to breed our own UNIQUE true-breeding version of the classic NL#5."

8. I'll need a lot northern lights for the hiking adventure needed to find the northern lights in the sky.

:apache:

9. #9 Deleted member 985876, May 25, 2018
    Last edited by a moderator: May 25, 2018
    This will be a fun journey. Nature isn't bad but, anything happening in the sky, that's unique. This is my favorite time to get outside especially if the event is at night.

I've only seen 2 eclipses so far. I really hope to see more.

1 blue moon.(on a clear summer light :biggrin:)

I hope to see more trippy nature made natural phenomenons.

10. With the original NL#5 coming from Neville’s “The Seed Bank”... and which was ordered via snail mail out of the back of High Times in ‘88.

The most famous cross being NL#5 x Haze and which has been the basis for many varieties crossbred today. When the seed bank catalog first came out we all thought it was a riot seeing the description of the NL 5 x Haze!

97E538F5-86AF-4DCA-B12E-827FDD5B1CE5.jpeg

“Nausea, dizziness, fainting and loss of bowel & bladder control”

I will say this though… If any of you have ever had a true Haze variety and I’m not referring to any of the crossbred strains that flower in under 12 weeks and still try and call themselves “Haze” but instead a pure Sativa back in the day that came out of California & which were originally collected in equatorial regions and bred by the Haze brothers.

The whole Haze deal is pretty darn interesting and if anyone is interested I’ve got a great article I could post.

Indicas get you stoned - But pure Sativas get you HIGH!!!

j

• Agree Agree x 2
  11. Post away no better place ...lol

whats that page/ book..?

cheers/

12. Awesome I'd love that. Your welcome to post that article.

This can be the official Northern Lights and, Aurora Borealis related thread. :)

13. Sorry for any confusion. This is actually the history of the actual, original Haze genetics - pure equatorial Sativas which were collected and bred by the Haze brothers in south/central California in the 70’s. The reason I brought it up is because these genetics were crossbred with Northern Lights #5 by Neville and became the basis for many other crosses in the future. The picture I posted above was the actual description of NL#5 x Haze end it was sold out of his catalog which was called “The Seed Bank” and which was advertised in High Times in the late 80s. Back then you s not cash in an envelope to the Netherlands and he mailed you back the seeds.

This is worth reading - The Haze story and more. Warning: very long read - Romania - International Cannagraphic Magazine Forums

J

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. Nice. I see a bunch of Northern Lights genetics and, what not. I wish some really strong NL genetics that I could grow one day.

15. Heya Vostok. So that is from the 1989-1990
    “The Seed Bank” catalog by Neville who I’m sure an old stoner like yourself remembers from back in the day lol

72A96E66-913B-48E7-94C5-0C8F23DA675B.jpeg 51133CA0-765C-4C77-87B9-8AD20635DE4D.png

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. Nice I'm gonna see if I can find 1 of the 3 NL genetics vostok mentioned.

Sometimes I wish cannabis still had seeds in it so, I could try to grow the strain if its a good smoke.

17. #17 Toke-A-Cola, May 26, 2018
    Last edited: May 26, 2018
    I've seen them twice now from around 45 degrees North in about a ten year period, they looked nothing like the images you provide, I'm not far enough north for that, It was still really neat to see, first time they were green and waving, noticed them by chance, second time was faint violet columns that you would only notice if you knew they were there and where to look.(I used the site you linked to check when the solar activity was high).
    Solar activity seems to be at a low point in its eleven year cycle, so it might be five or six years before it's active enough for the atmosphere to get energized down this far again, if you're around or any lower 45 degrees north, you may want to take a trip north or you may have to wait awhile to see them.

Pictures of the violet columns; they are long exposure, it wasn't that bright.
    IMG_7292.JPG IMG_7295.JPG

Here's a graph of the solar cycle, it's from...
    Solar Cycle 24 Status and Solar Cycle 25 Upcoming Forecast | NOAA / NWS Space Weather Prediction Center
    more sun spots = more solar activity.
    SolarCycle_graphic.jpg
    Here's pictures of a weird halo I seen one day, it was so big I couldn't take pictures of It all.

100_0730.JPG 100_0731.JPG 100_0735.JPG

There's a lot of neat stuff to be seen in the sky.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  18. I saw them once while hitching North of the Superior in Ontario. Had no idea what they were and they kinda freaked me out at the time.

• Like Like x 2
  19. I've never seen them personally. Those are some pics I've found online. I'm in Washington state so I may have to travel to Alaska to see them when they show up.