Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Trying to quit.

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by Royyston, Sep 24, 2010.

1. first of all, it won't work unless you're doing it because YOU want to.
    second of all, don't have one of those "one last huge smoking seshs". it'll just make it harder to quit

and as for my advice, if you absolutely want to stop - just go cold turkey. there's no physically addictive substances in cannabis, so if you have the will power to stop (you actually want to stop) it shouldn't be a problem

2. That's kinda the principal I operate on. If I have to (or want to) use a crutch to aid against the broken leg of reality, the herb is just about the only one that is even marginally safe and effective.

3. Maybe instead of just going cold turkey, you could just spread it out. If you're not pressed during the moment to take care of your kid, or there isn't alot to do, toke up. I'm sure enhancing your relaxation times, what with a wife and kid to be and all, you'll need it. That way, it's not even a minor interference with your stuff goin on.

4. instead of quitting weed never start or quit smoking tobacco... cuz thats what kills.... i just quit 7 days ago went cold turkey :)

5. Thanks for the advice GrassCity! i'm on my first day and i have not even had one cigarette or a spliff. will update on how tomorrow goes.

6. I'd say you're just nervous for becoming a father, and I can't blame you. If I was in your shoes, I'd quit toking until you feel like you can enjoy marijuana without guilt or feeling irresponsible. Once you adapt to having a kid and all the newfound responsibilities, maybe then you can enjoy weed again :cool:

7. +1 on that