Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Trying to quit.

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by Royyston, Sep 24, 2010.

1. Well I've proposed 4 days ago and now i have a lovely fiancee. As i will be having a child soon i'm seriously thinking of quitting to take on more of my responsibilities. My fiancee has not sad i have to but i really do feel the need too. But I've tried quitting before but going back to it. what method would you guys recommend to stop?

Would slowly cutting down be a better option so its not a quick, major 'diet' change for me?
    Or would just stopping completely the next day be better. I've already smoked an 1/8 of Diseal today.

2. I wasn't trying to quit for good, but I do have to stop for a couple months (quit Augest 17th, still going pretty well) and I was an every day smoker. Sometimes bofore I headed to school, always after, and always before I went to bed. I thought it was going to be hell for those first few days, but to my suprise, I got to sleep pretty well and that was my main concern at the time. I havent had too many urges until yesterday when I found out I had to quit for an extra month. which just pissed me off and made me want to go but a quarter. But for you, since you wanna quit for good, id start off doing less and less each time you do, ween yourself out of it. May as well get a couple good high's before your done for god knows how long. But thats just me. Let us know how it goes, good luck my friend!

3. you dont have to quit. just as long as you take your responsibilities seriously. but if you want to quit cutting down would be better. then you wouldnt feel trapped like "omg i cant smoke at all :O"

4. Just stop?

Its not like cigarettes where you have to ween yourself off or use the patch

5. You don't have to quit like others said. You can make it a once in a while thing, or a joint at night thing like alcohol is for some people. Good things are made better in moderation.

6. As its my first child I would just really want to do it sober to keep my mind set straight. As I really don't know how hard its going Yo be as a first time dad.

7. I havnt smoked in a month and I was an everyday heavy dank smoker for the last 5 years, Im doing just fine Im not quitting for good. Just a time in my life when I need to stay sober and evaluate diffrent things. You can still smoke and a be a responsible person you know, its all about moderation.

8. just ask yourself if you are irresponsible when your high if yes then i would cut back

9. Ive never really had to be responsible when in high so I really don't know...

10. You claim to smoke so much, but you haven't ever had any responsibilities during those times? Just because you get high doesn't mean you won't be able to care for a child, but it also doesn't mean you should do it. I guess it depends on the individual themselves though.

11. I have used MMJ for more than half my 34 years, and have had to quit many times. For me, I find that getting a sack of really good dank and hanging out with my buddies is the way I prefer to kick off my t-breaks. I've always had the urge occasionally, and restless sleep for 1-2 weeks and then I'm fine. The desire never goes away, but I always know that I'm coming back. I haven't taken a break in over a year, and don't really plan to because I medicate for fibro and a displaced disc. When not medicated, it's pretty hard for me to get out and do things with my son because of pain, but when medicated, I am capable of so much more. It is a personal decision that only you can make and I don't want to try to sway you either way. I hope you have good luck on whichever path you choose. Since I medicate for medical reasons, it doesn't make a lot of sense to me to stop. I don't just stop taking any of my other meds. (Which are now 5, down from 11 before cannabis) I am able to function very well while medicated, so the benefits outweigh the negatives for me.

12. To all the people saying he doesnt have to quit... He's about to have his first child, obviously going to be nervouse has alot going on in his head. If you feel unsure about smoking while your having your kid just take a break for a while, once your more comfortale and confident as a parent you can always try smoking again and see how you feel about it then. If you decide to smoke again you've lost nothing and gained a T-break.

(wasnt going to post this cause i couldnt get the wording right but what the hell)

13. I really havnt, I smoke mostly indoors in my house with my friend when my fiancee allows me too. The most responsible thing I've had to do whilst stoned is washing the dishes.

14. Everyone's different. When I stop something I usually have to quit cold turkey or I won't do it. Also, when it's something like weed, I find that smoking less than I want just leaves me totally bummed and unsatisfied and jonesing more.

15. you should have never been smoking in the first time, you have to ask your girl if you can smoke ha. put it down and dont ever pick it up again

16. I hear it Glass! I have an addictive personality, so I just have to decide to stop and do it. I have noticed however that my alcohol consumption goes WAY up and I find myself anxious all the time. I saw a Psychiatrist when not smoking and she prescribed Wellbutrin which did nothing but make me stupid. I do better high. God gave us this plant and it is our responsibility to utilize it to the best of our ability.

17. ok i feel you. id just cut down. i wouldnt take weed away permanetly. you might get mad and want to blaze one day.

18. I'd cut down slowly...use a vape instead of smoking...
    Though if you smoke cigs and drink, well those are things I'd probably lay off first in terms of priority.
    Try stopping during the pregnancy.
    Or just I don't know, use at a level you consider responsible and perhaps less frequent, also an option.

19. Write a list of the reasons you want to quit, then whenever you feel the urge, read that list. :wave:

20. if you wanna quit, quit. Its not hard(to me) i smoked bout 3-5 times a day and quit cold turkey for 3 months with no issues, actually felt good. Its good that you have your shit prioritized man best luck to you