Trying to quit smoking (cigs not weed)

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by Jmantheman, Aug 10, 2012.

1. Yeah I picked up running as well when I quit cigs

2. [quote name='"RC Flyer"']My method has a 100% success rate. You will be cured and smoke free in one to two days.
    Follow these steps...
    1. Find two or three friends and tell them you want to quit and need their help to pull it off.
    2. Give each of them an un-opened pack of your favorite brand of cigs and destroy all open packs.
    3. Explain that if you ask for a cig they are to execute the plan swiftly and without hesitation.
    4. Explain the plan like this. "If I ask for a cig, say NO and kick me in the nuts hard."

No one has asked for more than two cigs using this method. After a 12 to 24 hour recovery period, you're cured!

[/quote]

This is pure gold

3. All summer long i have been working out 4 days a week and doing cardio two out of the four. My New Year's resolution was to quit smoking, too bad someone came back to the party with a pack for me at midnight.. haha. since then i go off for 4 or 5 days and then smoke a cig or two. I rarely buy a pack i just bum 'em instead. I need to quit smoking cigs. i started way too young and its only killing me. I've chewed a bit and some pouches but i could never get into it. I couldn't stand the rawness of my lip. Mostly smoking cigs though and boy do i love my cigarettes. Guess I'm going cold turkey, as long as i got my weed to smoke:smoke:

4. I to recently quit smoking around three weeks ago. I agree with the others saying just man up and ride it out cold turkey. I actually quit a few things during this time. I just finally got another really good job that I love after roughly eight months of unemployment (unless you count Subway which I don't because you might as well be unemployed with that shit pay. It was more just a way to waste time and feel productive). Anyway, I decided as I am getting older (will be 31 in a couple of months) it's time to try and better myself and feel a little healthier.

Therefor not only have I stopped cigarettes, I quit drinking alcohol again and I also ditched my girlfriend for being a bitch. She was one of those people that was perpetually miserable and wanted me to be miserable with her, which I was for awhile after losing my job of eight years and drinking a lot. It's almost like she got jealous I was making an active decision to get healthier and got a good job and started trying to ruin it for me by shutting me out so I decided I wasn't going to let her and told her not to contact me anymore.

Now I am smoke free, alcohol free, and harping bitch free and I've never felt better! :hello:

5. Today's my last day smoking cigs, I have a few left to smoke but there a shitty flavor so that should help, and I wish I could smoke weed instead of cigs but I'm used to lighting up a cig EVERYTIME I finish smoking weed, that's gonna be rough

6. This was a really good incentive for me to start the process of giving them up for good :bongin:

Attached Files: