trying to quit cigs!

Discussion in 'General' started by creed420, Sep 8, 2010.

1. im trying to quit cigs i stopped almost 2 days ago,:hello: ive had crazy cravings and im eating alot more than usually these few days, how long untill i am fully over my addiction and is eating more usual??:confused:

2. Just one more day man. This may be the hardest part. The typical amount that it takes people to get over cigs is 3 days. You will still get cravings but they wont be nearly as bad as the first few days. You will only get the thought of smoking or smell smoke and want one then but you can get past it :)

3. Enjoy those tastebuds!

4. alright thanks bro! :hello:

5. haha yeah bro you know it! :D haha

6. Ive quit cigs about 3 or 4 times now. Ive quit, and gone back for many reasons but if you really want to quit, just find your 'triggers'. What makes you want to smoke? What are you usually doing when you are smoking?

This is what usually gets me. For me it was driving and stress. I used to always smoke when I drove. Ive cut down on that. I made it a rule not to do that anymore. I tell myself I want my car to smell nice now.

Stress was another thing that brought me back again. Despite my training was heavy physically where I needed my breath, nothing calmed me down more than a Marlboro Red.

Im currently working on my 5th try. :eek:

Dont let my story get you down though, Im saying this as support, so you know a quitters trouble. Just have your motivation/goal in mind and dont stray from it. I want to be a firefighter and learn martial arts. Its been very helpful in my quest

7. Good luck man, I'm having my last cigarette (hopefully) tonight and i'm going to try and quit. $35 a week for cigarettes with no job sucks. Maybe i'll be able to start smoking weed again after I quit cigarettes lol.

8. eat a few sunflower seeds, pumpkin seeds, some celery sticks, pork rinds, and chug water. Do that every time you want a cig, re balance your sodium

9. well thanks bro! and good luck to you too!:hello: it was hard but i have no cravings whatever now for them, now i kinda consider them nasty. i dont know why. haha. but i guess stress and with all my bestfriends being a pack a day smokers didnt help any:p but ive finally stopped and to tell you the truth i feel so much better now!:D

10. good luck bro! its a hard battle but hopefully ull come out on top like i did haha:wave: