Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Trying to quit cigs again...

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by BluePants, Sep 29, 2011.

1. About a year ago i was unemployed and could not afford cigs and it was easy to quit, i have a job now and can afford them but i am wasting all my money on them, any suggestions or tips to help?

2. That dudes crazy inhalin all those cigarretes lol.

3. You will quit when you are ready. I was a super heavy smoker but I used a mixture of the nicotine patches and smoking a lot more pot and I haven't had a cig in 9 months. Good luck!

4. Exercise and drink crap loads of water! I smoked a pack a day for about five years, then quit. Its been like 15 years since I've had a cig. The last thing you will want to do after going for a run is smoke. Also, the water will help flush your system. Well I don't know how much the water will actually help, but someone told me that when I quit and it seemed to help. You can do it if you really want to man!

5. I quit because I noticed I was not getting as high as I should when I went throughout the day smoking. Now I occasionally have them, but I need to lean off

6. [quote name='"i Donk"'][/quote]

I love this

7. Question...is it possible to fill the void of cigarettes with Weed?

Iv'e always wondered...

8. just dont click on the starting cigs thread lol

9. Why buy them then! Save the money, throw it on your credit bills 5 at a time. Buy your favorite package of gum :yummy:and chew away tell your jaw is to sore to open to in hale. Then repeat once gum pack is empty.

You got this! Trust me! :wave::hello::hello::hello::wave:

:bolt:

10. smoke 30 blunts a day
    get nicotine
    ???????
    Profit

11. If you're gonna keep smoking, pick up a pouch of tobacco and some Bob Marley hemp papers. It's like $2 for 50 papers

12. oh here is another idea. Take the money you would be spending on cigs and save it. Then after like 3 months, or however long you want to set the goal, of not smoking buy yourself something with the money. That way you get rewarded for not smoking. That is actually how I got my flat screen TV. I used to drink way too much beer. So I quit drinking and put away the money I would normally spend on beer. A few months later I had a nice flat screen and had even lost a few pounds :)

13. I'd recommend cutting back then eventually quitting. You'll just get back on the smokes harder if you try to quit cold turkey.

14. #15 ari diesel, Sep 29, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 29, 2011
    i used to smoke about 1-2 cigarettes a day, nothing too crazy... then i started smoking weed a lot more, (about 4-5 times a day), and i just couldn't do the cigarettes anymore. ciggs + weed give your lungs a hardcore workout, so i decided to cut out the cigarettes. it was either that or the weed, lol.

just don't buy anymore packs... it's a pretty simple concept, and i've had many of my heavy smoking friends stop by just having everyone around them preventing them from going to their local 7-eleven to pick up a pack. IMO, i don't think it's THAT difficult to quit smoking. those who REALLY want to stop, stop. those who just bullshit and promise themselves that they will stop soon enough never do. you just gotta be strong, and have a good sense of control over things that you're "addicted" too and don't need.