Trying to move on

Discussion in 'Sex, Love & Relationships' started by incrededibles, Jun 29, 2017.

1. Had a prolonged falling out with my best friend. I don't think details matter. I've been doing better for awhile but I walked pass her this morning and was struck by a wave of emotion. As I said I was doing slightly better. I had accepted the situation even though I didn't like it. Deleted her number/pictures. Unfriended he. Does anyone have any tips for numbing the pain? Ideally I'd like to get rid of the pain altogether but I'm starting to think it will always be with me.

2. It may very well always be with you. Sounds like she was a lot more to you than a friend although you didn't say how she felt.

You may not want to hear it but you might want to try and spend your time with someone different.

J

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. She was and I confessed it to her a year ago. Things worked well for awhile after... then they didn't. She brought me out of my shell 5 years ago. I've sort of come to terms with that J but I don't know how to stop grieving

4. By moving the hell on. Not to be harsh my man... get back up and try, try again.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. It just doesn't feel feasible and it's not that easy

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Sounds like you were in thd friend zone and got a bit stalky. Am I right? Sorry if this sounds harsh but stop being a little bitch and move on!

• Disagree Disagree x 2
  7. Time heals my friend. Get back on the horse. Sounds like you're giving up. The funny thing is you find the right one when you aren't even looking.

• Like Like x 3
  8. This sounds like a cliche, but it really is true. I've gotten over several major things and people in my life by simply focusing on new things and people and letting time do the rest.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. I've been working myself to death. I don't know if that counts as focusing on new things. I like to make myself too exhausted to think of this person

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. Oh to be young again. After you get out of school you will realize just how quickly friends come and go in the real world. Just smoke some weed and try to put it behind you. It takes a while for the first one, but things do get better.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. Work is good, just don't forget

upload_2017-6-29_11-16-29.gif

A funny line that is actually very true most of the time: The best way to get over someone, is to get under someone.
    This doesn't have to be sexual, although it doesn't hurt, but even active platonic relationships will help take the mind off someone else.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. I'm trying to put myself out there but I think part of me is scared of being close to someone again

13. Just go out and try to have fun and make new friends. Maybe get a little Poo Tang Pie...it wouldn't hurt

• Like Like x 1
  14. Let your guard dog take a shit on someone else's lawn. Or go harass a new litter of kitties. Life ain't nothing but a pissing contest.

• Like Like x 1
  15. I've been through what you're going through several times, losing someone that is special to you is always hard. And if you're anything like me then finding someone special in the first place is even more difficult. When I lose someone, and rebound isn't an option, I turn to hallucinogens, they work wonders to give you perspective on your situation. The best of luck to you.

• Like Like x 1
  16. I took acid recently and it was nice because for a day I got to live completely in the present

17. allow yourself to grieve, don't bottle it up. give yourself time to accept what's happened and accept your new reality. learn to live without her; it's hard to re-adjust after a loved one leaves your life, but it is possible. it has to be a conscious effort at first, but, like anything, practice makes perfect.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Thanks for the responses. I have another tiny problem. We both have the same favorite band. It's kind of how we bonded in the first place. Now every time I try to listen to it I get really emotional and i just want to enjoy it. Will I be able to listen to this band again?

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum