Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Trying to lower my tolerance...

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by allripsnosips0, Sep 2, 2012.

1. Ok so today I decided I needed to lower my tolerance... I have been smoking dro every day for about a year. Idk if it's bomb shit but my friends don't really complain haha... Any advice on how to lower it?

2. Just take a break, 30 days should eliminate any tolerance you have built up. If you cant do that then I recommend looking into vaporizers because the tolerance from a vape is not the same from smoking.

3. Do you think if I smoked mids instead would that have any impact?

4. [quote name='"allripsnosips0"']Do you think if I smoked mids instead would that have any impact?[/quote]

Naw it just wouldn't get you high.. It would just be a waste. Also 30 days is probably to long. Your tolerance should be able to fully recover in 2 weeks. When you start again, starting with mids may not be a bad idea though, then when your tolerance builds you can move up to higher quality...

5. Go cold turkey for about a week or so. That should be enough to get real super high.

Just an FYI, I do about three weeks on and one week off. It's easy, consistent, saves a few bucks on weed and keeps my tolerance in check.

Plus, I am very productive during the week off. Helps keep me from getting too behind on anything important.

6. Get on probation. Thanks to mine, I've been clean for two months already and got 10 more to go. ;D

Shit, if i were to smoke right now, I be blitzed out of my skull.

7. This is what I would do.
    1. Quite smoking for 2-3 weeks
    2. Drink at least 3 bottles of water everyday to cleanse your system
    3. Take hot showers because the steam from it will turn into moisture in your lungs and clean them up a bit.
    4. Do activities that make you breath hard, it slowly helps rebuilding your lungs also

8. Even taking a week off would help out, if you are active.

9. even if you only starting smoking a few days a week from now on for a little while that would lower your tolerance

10. Simply smoke less. Its all about how high your tolerance is at the moment

I had smoked daily for years then one day I started smoking only at night, like a few hours before bed. After a week of that my tolerance was much lower, I couldn't believe how high I got.
    If you take a longer break that feeling will last longer too

11. Excercise and drink lots of water to boost your metabolism and amount of times you urinate a day so you're removing it from your body faster.
    Also, drink green tea and eat healthy.

Edit: you can continue to smoke and it will still lower your tolerance.

12. yea.. stop smoking for a while

13. People are so mis-informed..

Drinking water and excercizing isn't going to lower tolerance. Tolerance comes when the receptors in your brain are damaged due to an overload of cannabinoids.

14. [quote name='"420Jay"']People are so mis-informed..

Drinking water and excercizing isn't going to lower tolerance. Tolerance comes when the receptors in your brain are damaged due to an overload of cannabinoids.[/quote]

This.

http://www.marijuanalibrary.org/brain2.html

15. Guys I smoked a regular amount like 3 dubs a week and now I have a fucking tolerance bigger than my moms vajay I stopped for two months and I still have the tolerance. Here's the thing I still get a nice high and I get high of nicks but I don't get my old high when I first started smoking I would get high into the sky everything was blurry... Etc... Lol now when I see my parents or just randomly I will think my high is being killed because it wants to.

16. Actually, YOU are misinformed.
    I've done this personally and it worked. Yes the cannabinoid receptors are 'burnt out' somewhat, but when you excercise and drink water frequently, you're removing THC acid alkaloids from your body therefore having less over-all in your body.
    For CB1 and CB2 receptors you want fish oil/Omega-3 to replenish your receptors.

17. [quote name='"bp4er"']

Actually, YOU are misinformed.
    I've done this personally and it worked. Yes the cannabinoid receptors are 'burnt out' somewhat, but when you excercise and drink water frequently, you're removing THC acid alkaloids from your body therefore having less over-all in your body.
    For CB1 and CB2 receptors you want fish oil/Omega-3 to replenish your receptors.[/quote]

Lay down some knowledge!!

Hell yeah! Edit:it won't let me rep you again.. :(

18. 2 weeks to a month should take care of your tolerance.
    I'd say Grab a book a read, work out or do anything to keep your mind off the bud.
    Before you know it a month has gone by and one bowl of mids will have you feeling silly.

19. dude you cant lower it unless you take a t break for 2 weeks and if you cant do that your addicted to mj

20. Just take a break for a week or two