Trying to lose weight!!!!

Discussion in 'Fitness, Health & Nutrition' started by KiddCadaver, Sep 19, 2011.

1. Ok so ever since I was little i've been a little on the husky side. Well I started working out and playing football in highschool and I started to trim down and get a little six pack but out of no where I got a staff infection in my hip bone and couldn't do anything not even go outside for 14 weeks and I could barley walk which made me gain a lot of weight. Well I started playing football again and I started working out but Im still at the same weight I can tell that I've lost fat but I'm freakishley bulky. Im 5'9 and weigh around 235lbs, im not fat looking im just really bulky looking from lifting weights and I just wanna tone my muscles. So my goal is to get down to 190- 200lbs and lose as much fat as possible. I've stoped drinking sodas and I've started going to the gym and im gonna start eating better. Im gonna update every friday with my results.

2. Try adding some HIIT and Crossfit-style metcon workouts a couple days a week and train for strength (i.e high weight, low reps) to increase muscle density and reduce volume. You can also make use of fasted training to really take fat off quickly. Eat below maintenance to ensure you lose weight.

3. Good luck on your mission to lose weight. You should also make fruits, vegetables and grains a big part of your daily diet because they will provide all the essential nutrients and they also provide fiber which helps you poop and, in-turn, lose weight.:D ..heh..poop.:laughing:

4. #5 Grizmoblust, Sep 20, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 20, 2011
    Like I said in the other thread,

5. shit, i really need to stop eating only one meal a day.

6. I go on the bodybuilding forum too and they all seem to think that meal frequency has little advantage when having 6 meals a day.

7. #8 iMaven, Sep 20, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 20, 2011
    if you have to eat meat...
    cook ground turkey meat at home.
    it really isn't that expensive either

if you eat bread: get whole wheat..
    shouldn't have all the dough conditioners in it.
    if you eat cookies, make them at home. vegan cookies are easy and tasty.
    i might just make me some right now.
    lol these tips helped me at least

8. Mixture of a healthy diet and exercise...

9. When you break it down it's all about your carb & protein intake. You gotta cut the carbs, if you do eat carbs they should be complex carbs (brown rice, wheat, oats, etc.) Time your carbs through out the day, for example, have a larger portion of carbs when you wake up and before your workouts. Limit carb intake a couple hours before bed.

10. Ok i've decided that im gonna start posting what I do in the gym every night so I can stay motivated. Also I have this question, ok so the online body mass calculator says im obese but honestly I don't feel like I mean I can run a mile in under 7 min so how is this true?

11. BMI calculators are inaccurate for football players and other big athletes, that's why they usually use BF%. A guy who is 5'10 244 like Michael Turner would be considered morbidly obese according to BMI. But he runs a 4.49 and could probably run miles on end and is in excellent shape.

12. Yeah seven min is like a c in highschool I remember the athelitic guys were about five min range and the top in the four min range, you are prob not obese but overweight if you are questioning. You should base your body on fat percent not bmi

13. Well today I walked 2 miles and did mostly upper body workouts, I really need to get a workout routine that tells me how many reps per a set and stuff like that so if anyone has any advice on that i'd appreciate hearing it. Im also having trouble eating healthy because Im one of those people that doesn't really like veggies and it just seems like when I eat healthy food I don't get as full. Any advice?

14. The fastest guy we had in are school that is now in the process of training for the olympics only ran about a 4min 30sec mile. And a 7min mile was an A in my high school.

15. Meal frequency provides a totally negligible effect when it comes to weight loss. Unless you are not eating for 60-72 hours straight, you will be fine provided you consume adequate overall caloric intake and proper macronutrient distribution.

16. that's decent. i did a 6 min mile first time running more than a 1/4 mile.. I almost blacked out.
    i wish i could motivate myself to run again.

good luck with your regime. get to a 5 min mile and u're set

17. Ok guys im about to head to the gym right after this anthropology class probabley run a mile and walk two. After that im gonna do some upper and lower body probabley 3sets of 10 reps

18. [quote name='"Cruizer"']I go on the bodybuilding forum too and they all seem to think that meal frequency has little advantage when having 6 meals a day.[/quote]

Yea, studies are showing it doesn't work since people dont control their portions.

To burn fat cardio is a must! I take ripped fuel and green tea extract. It has worked a lot for me. Abs and muscles are more defined now.

19. Yea don't listen to BMI machines. All they do is see how long a signal takes to reach from one arm to another.

Arnold was considered way obese on it since he had so much mass.
    Most accurate is the clipper or w.e that pinches your skin to measure how much fat you have .