Trying to judge my tirchomes ... opinions welcome !

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by MAMAOFMOB, Dec 16, 2017.

1. First pic: Mostly cloudy
    2nd pic: Nice ratio of cloudy and amber.

Niiice...

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  2. Cut that shit down right now.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  3. is that a sugar leaf of bud in the second pic

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
  4. Yes ... well it will be ... MOB... just crept into week 4 flower

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

5. Don't be fooled..Sugar leaves show ripened trichs faster than the Bud Trichs..Go by the Bud trichomes;)

• Like Like x 5
    • Winner Winner x 1
  6. So this is my first grow .... the pics I had posted where taken from a bud with white hairs and a few amber haires .. these are the tiny leafs that stick out from the bud ! ... it that not the same ?

7. Yes, The sugars are those tiny leaves! You trim them and save trimmings for either hash, or edibles or tincture..
    There is no value in the larger fan leaves although some strains even have trichs on those too.
    I saved trim for a while before discovering how to make hash and edibles from the "waste".
    I used 2 ounces or dried primo trim and 1 ounce of dried bud for this hash
    run. Pile in the upper right is the crap from the 190 micron bag.
    I also included 2 charts to assist with trich identification. 10-15-17 00 Kush Butter.JPG 10-9-17.JPG 12-15-17.JPG Harvest 1.jpg harvest-cannabis-diagram.jpg

• Like Like x 2
  8. Thanks !!

• Like Like x 1
  9. ya going through the same thing. week 6 and the sugar leaves are amber but the buds are just cloudy.

• Like Like x 1
  10. I think it’s a lot easier to harvest based on the pistils and not the trichomes. But to each his own

• Like Like x 1
  11. Not trying to be a dick here, but many a plant has been harvested early using the pistil method..In fact, even the trichome method BY ITSELF is somewhat lacking..Using the entire plant as a gauge is more in line.
    I think you will find different parts of the plant mature at different times, so a STAGGERED HARVEST is usually your best bet for indoor grows..Again, I hope all turns out well..Always remember, when judging harvest times, the huge time investment you made, not to mention money spent..
    best of luck
    growing.gif

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. Thanks all !! ... There only coming in to their 4th week ... but I have noticed some of the tips of the pistols are starting to turn amber... everything else looks to be going great ...

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum[​IMG]

13. Looks great..Watch as the Trichomes grow and the tops become mushroom shaped as they fill with THC..
    It's the trichomes on the Buds themselves that you watch ..
    Yummmm

Here is a reasonable shot of a mixture of trichs..a couple of clear..lots of Cloudy and a lot of amber beginning ..NOTE: this is for illustration only since it is a shot of a sugar leaf,,not a bud..The plant was harvested that day.:)
    Snap1.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  14. That perfect for me! Chop dude! Unless u want a lil more amber regardless no longer then a week or you'll lose potency

Sent from my RCT6303W87M7 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 1
  15. I did chop her..I posted the picture to show the OP the mix. That mix of Trichs is exactly what I look for in most strains.
    chop.gif

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  16. lol wouldn’t it be easier to tell if we also had a pic of the plant?
    :love-m3j:

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. Yeah probably

[​IMG][​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  18. Ahhh..Da Plant..LOL
    I think about 4 -6 more weeks depending on strain..White pistils are standing at attention.