Trying to help a buddy

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by growingismyhobby, Mar 10, 2016.

1. I have a buddy that wants to start growing. He's wanting to do up to 6 plants at a time. Its 3x6x10 room. What lights would work best for this. Nothing to pricey, but a good setup that will put out enough light for 6. He's wanting to try and keep the whole grow around 400. Any help or suggestions are welcomed and appreciated.

Sent from my Z797C using Grasscity Forum mobile app

2. shoot man for 6 plants i spend half that just on soil and food. you could maybe do cfl's or led's or something. Cfls probably to get it setup for 400 total.

3. Send him to growweedeasy.com. Probably 2 600 watt HID fixtures would be most effective for the money.

• Like Like x 1
  4. I know not as well, but would 2 400 watt hid fixtures do the trick for 6 plants?

5. yes, it would but you'll have heat to exhaust.

• Like Like x 1
  6. If he was to go the fluorescent route what would you suggest he used?

7. I wouldn't, i use HID's and i know nothing at all about those. Someone will though.

8. I use CFLs right now, but I have no experience with fluorescent tubes

Sent from my VS985 4G using Grasscity Forum mobile app

9. t5's seem popular but yeah i couldn't really inform ya on them myself.

10. Have a bake sale and buy LEDs haha :Love-Plant:

• Like Like x 1
  11. HIDs are cheap. If someone is trying to grow 6 plants then I think they'd be fooling themselves if they think CFLs are the right choice.

600w Apollo setup costs $196 while the 400w is only $42 less. With growing, you'll be happy if you err on the side of more light.

• Like Like x 1