Trying to grow from a bud.

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by StevieRay22, Oct 2, 2017.

Tags:
  1. As the title says I was wondering if you can actually grow from a bud. I have this really old gram maybe a 1.5 but it had molded due to me being irresponsible with it. And I have already had my first failure due to a kitten knocking over my seedling and I was wondering if I can simply just put this one, old, moldy gram in some soil and have it grow. I tried looking around and found absolutely nothing on it and I just want to know if its possible because this grams going no where and im not smoking it but I dont want to throw it out if it has a use.

• Funny Funny x 1
  2. lol are there seeds in that bud?

3. I honestly dont know I dont even want to touch it lol

4. i think you might need to throw it out.

5. I get that but I just want to see if theres atleast something I can do with it

6. No you can't grow a plant from an old moldy bud.

• Agree Agree x 3
  7. But can I do it from a healthy bud? Or do I just have to buy another seed

8. A dried bud is dead plant matter. You can't get life from something that is dead.

Seed or clone. Unless your name is Frankenstein.

• Agree Agree x 3
  9. Science it is.

10. no the bud is dead after an hour air is inside the stem and would be cery difficult to clone from that then it would just stress as it went in to reveg so no old bud new bud either way ya cant clone from it. so ya best bet or only bet is to buy a seed

Sent from my SM-G950F using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. Jesus Christ...

12. I would suggest getting some gloves and taking off the outter leaves with mold, and see if any of the inner leaves are viable to smoke. Sounds icky to touch it as you said, but if it were mine, I'd wanna check the inner leaves to see if it was usable. I'd hate to toss it out and learn the inside could have been smoked. :/

13. It's only a gram and a half. Toss that shit in the bin.

14. This guy might be able to pull life out of dead plant matter.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  15. I've cloned buds at harvest and had success. It takes a dog year for the buds to start growing vegetative again.

You have to clone them off of a live plant though. No waiting until later.
    IMG_0437.JPG

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  16. if u plant a seeded bud you could grow a plant but to me thats a waste of bud u can always take clones while the plant is budding just like tbone

17. Why not just take the seeds out of the bud, smoke the bud and then plant the seeds?

• Funny Funny x 1
  18. lol i just said its a waste of bud i know u can pick the seeds out done it myself ;) how else do i make my own strains

• Like Like x 1