trying to get my parents off my back. i have a plan?

Discussion in 'General' started by tropicana, Feb 24, 2010.

1. I'm pretty lifted but please tell me if this is a good idea. My parents for the past few months been bugging me if I blazed. They say that I need to finish up my school and smoking is gonna ruin my life. They already found out before. Should I go on a smoke break for a month and buy a home drug test to show that there isn't any thc in me to get them off my back?

2. No. All you will be doing is reinforcing the Dodgy negative stereotype that you can't do well if you smoke pot.

Continue Smoking pot, Study hard, and continue to do well at school; You can have your (Hash)cake and eat it too :smoke:

3. but like what i mean by bugging is that they willl stop paying for school if they know i still blaze. lol

4. Respectfully, if you were getting straight As, I doubt you would have ever had this conversation with your parents. When you have a 4.0 and your parents find out you smoke they say "Oh, that crazy college kid!" but when you have something considerably less, they being to say "It's the drugs that are ruining my boy!"

Take a break, get your grades in order. Bring home a grade report filled with As. Then start up again and keep your grades up, your parents won't care at that point.

5. No, I think, if anything, that would mess things up.

After you do that, they'll see that you're okay with doing drug tests, and who says they won't spring a random drug test on you a few months down the line, and then be confused (and suspicious as hell) if you refuse?

Once you open the door to allowing yourself to be tested for drugs, it's a hard door to close.

You can't expect to only do it once, and think that they won't try make you do it again the next time they think something's up.

Your parents want what all parents want, a good kid who does well in school. Give them that, and they won't be up your ass all the time. Get bad marks (for whatever reason), and obviously the first thing that they're gonna blame is weed.

Take away the reason to hate weed, and they'll get off your back.

Edit: If the only reason they know you're smoking weed is because of your marks, your only option is to either quit smoking weed until your done with school (blah), or study and get good marks. Just study dude.

6. dude you wont stop for a month because its just to much. stop for 2 or 3 weeks and get your parents of your back. after i stopped for 3 weeks i was like damn i love weed because weed is better without problems:)

GOODLUCKMAN

7. Eh..not sure if I would keep smoking if I was gonna lose free school. I mean that shits expensive..and they're willing to pay for it if you don't smoke..so it's like your getting payed to not smoke.

I could quit smoking if I was being paid to...I mean weed is nice..but it aint shit compared to money.

Don't ruin a good opportunity just so you can "make a stand" and keep smoking weed.

Personally I would just tell them..hey if my grades begin to slip then I'll quit..but as long as it's not effecting my work then it shouldn't matter. If your parents are open minded then they should at least consider that...if not then I guess ya just need to quit smoking.

Aint life a bitch? Thank god it's short haha :smoking:

8. This. and i would leave printouts from studies and norml articles out where they could find him. My parents couldn't throw it away without reading it regardless of what it was so i didn't even have to argue with them.

9. this.

once you get your problems in order you will be like "ahhhh lets smoke a blunnnt yooo, no reason not to"

guilt is all that prevents me from smoking

10. Being dry is the only thing that prevents me from smoking.

11. yea will im happy im never dry :)

12. So, what you're saying is that you are willing to mess up your life just for weed. Way to prove your parents wrong! :rolleyes: