Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

trying to get my card in MI

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by mattisshort, Jan 31, 2012.

1. what is the first step?

2. first step is the easiest ever...you qualify according to your doctor. :wave:

3. well... you'll need a doctor referal. so i'm guessing the doctor would be your first step. then after that i would guess your dr can tell you what to do. or you can google it or try the norml website. i honestly don't know, just trying to help. GL, especially if you really need it

4. i have chronic seizures due to an unknown condition, all of the medicines that they have tried me on have made me sick.

5. would that referral come from my primary care doctor? i'm really new to all of this, i'm not doing it so i can high legally, i just cannot deal with these medications anymore.

6. did you just move to MI or something?? i'd be getting a doctors appointment asap. like now. a personal friend of mine also has chronic seizures due to an unknown condition, she started smokin a couple years ago and it helps alot. helps her confusion after seizures, too.
    how often do you have a seizure? i had a second friend that has seizures too but not like what you have, doesn't even compare really but she smokes
    not trying to hijack your thread or something dude i just got curious about the seizures.

good luck you probably won't have any problems with that medical background.

7. i'm not sure, i'm sure someone will answer that one, but if your primary doctor doesn't support cannabis use i'm doubtful he'd refer you. if that fails just google mmj doctors in michigan there should be a database. then just have your records transferred

8. #8 mattisshort, Jan 31, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 31, 2012
    no i have lived here all of my life but the condition just started last year.

9. as far as the frequency of the seizures i have at least two a week.

10. and no problem man any input is appreciated.

11. What part of the state are you in?

12. you can search craigslist and a site called budtrader.com for a doctor that will do a medical marijuana certification they rang from about 90-200. there are a lot of them around i would also recommend going to your local head shop or grow store they often have cards for doctors and different medical marijuana information.

13. Yah depends on your location, if you can get your recommendation from your primary care doctor it will save you money, but most will no do that. Craigslist has many ads, just find one near you and setup an appointment. They will guide you the rest of the way from there.

14. thanks guys, and by the way i'm in the 810 area code.

15. Hey how you doing, I'm in the 248 area code, found a great mmj doctor in Ann arbor. The place is called the healing center of Ann arbor. I also know of a reputable place on dequindre and 696 called medical marijuana center of america( I think). With any of these docs you will need medical records, xrays, MRI, etc.. Showing that you have one of the qualifying conditions. They will guide you through the paperwork, there is also a application fee that you pay to the state its 100 or 25 dollars if you are on SSI or ssd. Plus whatever the doctor charges for the appt. When I went it ended up being 225, 200 for doc appt and 25 for app fee. Don't get discouraged it does take forever, took 4 months to get the actual plastic mmj card.