trying to get healthier

Discussion in 'The Great Indoors' started by The Audion, Sep 9, 2011.

1. I never eat really poorly. Even on my worst day I probably eat better than 90% of americans. I want to start exercising and eating better (less/no processed foods or meats,) but my parents don't always have the time or interest to plan a healthier meal. Should I start cooking for myself or just suggest some easy, healthy meals? Also, I live in northern NJ, so as you can imagine getting fresh fish is hard. Is it ever possible to find fresh fish at supermarkets or smaller places?

2. Go into town and see if you have a market district/area.

We have the strip district in my home town which has the freshest eatables.

Start making some crazy custom juice drinks as well, always important to start and end your day with a good system flush.

3. Feel the same way man, you could just ask your parents to pick up a few healthier things for you when they go food shopping, if they realise that it's important to you I'm sure they will help you out. Just get yourself into a routine of exercising and stick to it and you will feel so much better. Hope it goes well.

4. #4 Deleted member 457210, Sep 12, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 2, 2020

5. fish,chicken, veggies, fruits, water.. all good dudeee.. nothing fried

6. Make homemade pizzas with olive oil. Plenty of green peppers. Homemade pizza is actually fairly healthy and tastes soooo good once you learn how to make it good. Just dont put too many pepperonis.
    The other thing I do is, just buy a plain stalk of celery every 2 days. And eat 1-2 large pieces of plain celery after everything I eat. Makes food digest alot easier. Meat isnt that bad just dont eat too much. And cook it yourself make sure its got no additives.

Just by simply cooking your own food you are getting rid of so many bad things.

7. keep bagged chicken breast in the freezer. u can make salads, burritos, etc.