Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

trying to find the best strain for personal pain issues.

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by RabidDago, Nov 28, 2011.

1. Hi, first off all I'm totally new here so hello.

Anyhow, I've just started toking again after a good ten year absence due to panic attacks etc in my early days of toking. I suffer with bad arthritis and nerve pain in my shoulder all the way down into my hand. The docs had me on morphine etc but I found it messed me up too much day to day so with a combination of physiotherapy and occupational therapy I managed to cut that out.

The pain returned after a few months and rather than going back.to the opiate route I decided to read about cannabis' medicinal uses. After about 7 or 8 months of cannabis use I've found its helping me more than the morphine ever did yet when I raise this question to my doc they dismiss it immediately and just want to get me back on the painkillers. Only problem is I'm finding that its only hashish that helps and not so much the chronic that's floating around the UK , and the hash is incredibly hard to find.

Does anyone have any experience with strains that would be suitable for me? I normally stear clear of the chronic as I find it gives me quite bad cases of anxiety.

Any help would be much appreciated.

2. on a thread here there is a list somebody made of what strains are good for what conditions some i think that i remember for your case would be maybe ak-47 or white widow, my cousin has a similar condition like you and he mentioned taking ak-47

3. Hashish is probably mixed plants that are definitely matured.. aged... etc.. lots of cannabinoids like cbd.. not so thc intensive like modern day, early cropped chronic..

Go with the hash for sure unless u can grow your own.

My knowledge is from heavy reading. :)

4. I find that Blueberry is great for pain.