trying to find some cow fields (mushrooms) in jax, fl

Discussion in 'General' started by shanew711, Jul 14, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Anyone have any leads on cow fields? So far the only ones i\'ve found have way too many people scouting around for me to actually go in and try to find some shrooms.

2. Try going out in the country more.

Here in Daytona we usually go off of Tomoka Farms Road and there\'s a ton of cow fields with no one on them.

3. Go down out of Duval county and into Clay county. Head out around Green Cove Springs/Middleburg area. At least I know you could find some there, don\'t have a clue about actually in Jacksonville though.

4. Damn i never knew mushies actually grew in cow fields whats a good time of year to look?
    do they actually grow on the piles or manure?

5. dude i never knew they grew on cow crap.
    i go to iowa almost every summer on a farm with ALOT of cows.
    ill have to check it out next time :smoke:

6. Just do a search for farms in your area on google or you can look on Google Earth.

7. People don\'t go shroom hunting without any knowledge of it... it\'s not something you can just get up and go do.

http://www.shroomery.org/

read read read

8. From what i\'ve read it\'s hard to fuck up a shroom operation on a cow farm.

9. Fall in generally the best season for shroom hunting due to the mild temperatures and lots of rain. And yes, they do grow on piles of manure

10. ive gone patty kicking before, with success.

its dangerous, yea the boomers themselves could harm you,

but the biggest thing is to respect is the farmers themselves.

you are trespassing, remember that.

the stigma around these parts is that black angus farms are choice for picking.

11. i found that green cove farms have tha best shrooms. theres a really good one by tha railroad tracks its a lil out in tha boonies but its low key!

12. i think theres a good farm on Shindler Dr. if you wanna travel to the westside of town, other than that Middleburg/Green Cove is the way to go

and on that note, exit stage right...

13. haha I just wanted to say WHATS UP NE FLORIDA :p

im in the 904 too but not looking for shrooms, go figure.

14. great site, all the info you would ever need on shrooms^^^

you could try looking in newly developed neighborhoods they grow in new sod.

good luck on your hunting man.

15. Yeah I live in J-ville too. I actually have a couple of acres of land down in Green Cove that my dad left me when he died. I haven\'t been down there in monthes, but there are probably some shrooms out there. I\'ll check it out later this month (whenever I get the time) If there are some I\'ll hit you guys up. I\'m not really into shrooms but helping out a fellow blade is just good karma.

16. Theres a good cow farm by a resturaunt called \"Out back Crab Shack\". My friends dad owned it and we would always go to the cow farm that was right next to his resturaunt. I dont know roads and shit but google Out back Crab shack and you will probably find it. We got a lot of shrooms from there and the guy that owns the farm is some really old guy so you don\'t have to sneak around to much. Shit ill even go with you an pick some shrooms haha.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.