Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Trying to figure out if Im doing something wrong

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by modontx, Oct 11, 2014.

1. Sunday night I smoked one blunt by myself and got the best high that I have had in a while. The type of high where you feel like there is nothing at all wrong in the world.

Just yesterday I smoked two whole blunts within about 4 hours but my high was completely uneventful as usual: I easily get bored with music, overstimulate myself on Youtube until I'm ready to pig out and then pass out.

During both these sessions, my tolerance and stress levels were about the same, so I can't figure out why less weed got me higher than more weed did. The only thing I could think of is that on this rare occasion, I was simply inhaling perfectly, and that I usually don't. Here is how I usually smoke and inhale:

1. I place the blunt in the center of my lips
    2. Suck through the blunt as hard as (I think) I can until I can feel a little burn in my chest
    3. Hold it for a few seconds and exhale through my nose

When I inhale you can hear my mouth sucking up air and that's what makes me feel I'm doing it wrong. I also never cough for some reason, which is confusing because it seems like everyone else does.

2. Sounds like you're doing the right thing. Try to hold it as long as you can. Sounds like your tolerance is building up.

3. Just to clarify, not for as long as you can, that won't get you higher, 50% of THC is absorved on contact and the rest within the first 8 seconds, so holding it it past the 8 seconds mark is only provoking some harm with no benefits at all.

4. Try experimenting to find out.  Smoke a quarter of a blunt and see where that gets you if you smoke a whole one.  Start small and keep increasing your dose til you find your sweet spot to where you feel good enough and you're not wasting weed.

5. After you inhale on the blunt, inhale a bit of clean air in the same breath. This'll prevent pulling a Bill Clinton, where you smoke and don't inhale.

6. #6 Captain_Jack, Oct 12, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 12, 2014
    I've noticed that my high can vary from day to day. Some days it'll be great and I'll be blitzed. Other days I'm just high. I haven't been absolutely tanked in awhile though.. I'll have to do that tonight
    You won't cough once your lungs get used to it. I rarely ever cough when smoking
    Have you tried using a bong, OP?

Happy toking!

Sent from four score and seven years ago

7. I don't believe in tolerance, if I smoke in morning high lasts 4 hours, goes away, I smoke as soon as high was gone and same high only lasted 5 mins, smoke next day and same effects 5 mins, waited only a day and smoked and I was fucked, probably thc levels in body or some shit lol

8. normally when you take it easy and smoke smaller amounts and progressively build up the high, it is more enjoyable than slamming a load of thc to the dome

9. I dunno I mean its nice having a few small bowls and building up but you wont get as high as one fat bowl if you smoke it right just saying im baked  :bongin:

10. 1) make weed brownies
    2) eat brownies
    3) ????
    4) Profit

11. Both times was it the same weed? I find it hard to believe you could be inhaling wrong.. imo there's only one way to inhale and you can't just do it wrong lol.
    Also maybe you were thinking too much about the high that you tricked yourself into believing you're not high.
    Has happened to me when I first started smoking.