Trying to decide where i should move

Discussion in 'General' started by BMoney94, Jan 6, 2015.

1. Whats up guys. Recently i've decided that i want to save up as much money as possible and move this summer. I currently live in the same small town i grew up in and i'm more than ready to get the fuck out. I'm sick of all the people that live here and i want to start over somewhere new and bigger where there are more opportunities and more stuff to do. I wanna meet new people.I have been in trouble here for most of my teenage life, i'm gonna be 21 in april so i figure its as good a time as any. I've been stuck on the same girl for years that i can't seem to remove from my life, all my friends have disappeared and got married and shit. So i just want to remove myself and go see what the world has to offer.I have 2 places in mind. I have a real good buddy i grew up with that lives in Rialto, California. He's been basically begging me to move over there and stay with him til i get on my feet. From what i've read Rialto and most of the Inland Empire sucks ass. But i guess i wouldn't have to live in that area

2. forever. Cali does sound great though. My other option is moving to Oklahoma City. I live about 150 miles away from there right now. It looks pretty badass and it's huge. I don't know anyone there and for some reason that sounds nice to me. I like the fact that it's alot closer to home and i could visit my family. Plus my favorite NBA team plays there haha. I'm pretty torn but i've decided i am for sure leaving this shithole this summer. Sorry if this ends up being a wall of text i'm writing this from a PS3.

3. How much money we talking?

4. around 2500-3000.

5. Come to the west coast, take up your buddy's offer in Rialto and either make your way up to the bay/norcal or up into Oregon/Washington. I would prefer to be either in the mountains up in norcal or up in Oregon, its much cheaper to live in Oregon and the people are chill. I dont know too much about Washigton but recreational :p

6. I'm not sure if that will be enough to start up unless you have a trade or some sort of skill set that you can possibly land a job right away, or try and procure a job before you get there. I suppose in Cali it wouldn't be too bad since you can live with your friend, but that would maybe last 2-3 months if paying first and last on an apartment.

7. #7 Sammyy, Jan 6, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 6, 2015
    I second Oregon. If Cali is your choice you'll need more than 3000. Really lil 5k min to move somewhere not that expensive. Like 7 for an expensive place. That should cover moving costs and 3 months of ok living

8. Oklahoma City aint too bad of an option and seems more realistic compared to California. OKC is a huge city with a great economy..seriously they are constanly building something there. Also there is a lot to do year round, and plus you get to expirence all the bad ass storms they have in the summer and spring. Rent there is really cheap, and you would be 2 hours away from your hometown so its not like it would take you a long time to get back to see family and friends if you get homesick. 

Now if money was not much of a factor and you dont care too much about being far away from your family than i  would for sure go with California just because its beautiful and the weater is awesome.

9. Get a map, get a knife, drop the knife.

(Aim for SE Asia ;) )

10. You can live with me in Chicago OP. I'll save a cot for you

11. I'm living in the Inland Empire and it's actually pretty dope. I'm a hour and a half away from San Diego and LA, so much desert to go tear up if you got a truck or something. Some great hiking too. And its Cali so there is the good cheap herb. Also the beach is only about an hour away :smoking:

Go west my friend..

But whatever you choose best of luck on your journey

12. Before you move somewhere go there and check things out.  Look at employment opportunities, housing costs and availability, and get a feel for the place.  You didn't say what you do for money so if you don't do anything specific check out the educational/job training possibilities.  Don't go off half cocked, get your shit together before you move and it'll go a bit smoother.  If you don't mind living with a little desperation though, go have an adventure.  This is the perfect time in your life for it.

13. Lol inland empire is way nicer then where you are. Lol lol op Cali is nice u know

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

14. Except for the ridiculous cost of living, taxes, and rent. Not sure why anyone would choose to live here (other than the weather, but I'm sure there are other states that don't really have seasons).

15. OKC sounds good but I strongly advise you not to move without a job locked down first. Apply for job in OKC starting now! If you live in OK now just put on resumes at the bottom (or right under your address) that you are fully willing to relocate at your own expense. Get the job offer, and either stay in an extended stay hotel for awhile and / or scour craigslist for rooms for rent. The roommate section of craigslist is a life saver. Often the rent will only be 400-600 a month, and that will include all the utilities and sometimes come furnished. It's doable man! Gotta have that job tho. If you have a few g's saved up even a McJob will hold you over until you can find something better. I've moved several times using this method I've explained....most recent move was 3 months ago, about 100 miles or so. good luck!

16. Your money would go much further somewhere like Vietnam.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

17. I'd go with Rialto.. Sounds great. Good luck man

19. Pro-Oklahoma City is probably one of the cheapest major cities to live in.

Con-Oklahoma is currently suing colorado because of its cannabis policy.

okc is a really cool place to call home but not for stoners