Trying to decide between these 3 lights...

Discussion in 'Grow Room Design/Setup' started by WbyNut, Sep 22, 2019.

1. I'm in the market for a new light setup for my 3x5x61/2 tent. The 3 I have narrowed it down to are...

Quantum 480w v2rspec
    Crecer Pantherx 600w
    Electric Sky 300v2

Decisions decisions.....Anyone have some educated input?

2. Qb480 and alot of guys will prolly say the same,,best lights on market and the wattage the say is what u get

Sent from my SM-J727P using Tapatalk
    If u have links to other lights id look at em tho!

3. Never used any of them tbh but more guys rave about qbs than anything else.
    I'll come out of the stone age one day lol

• Winner Winner x 1
  4. Are we aloud to link to sites selling gear on these forums? Last forum i was on my post was deleted for linking to outside sellers i was asking about.

5. K I think I've narrowed it down to these two quantum boards
    https://www.budgetgrowlights.com/product-page/series-2-red-spec-250w-dimmable-grow-light-kit
    and
    https://www.budgetgrowlights.com/product-page/series-2-full-spec-spec-270w-grow-light-kit

The full spec has some uv which is nice and I will be using these from start to finish. They both come in 3000k form while only the rspec version offers 3500k. Will the full cycle one work as well in flower as the rspec one or should i just stick with the rspec?

6. They both look like nice lights.
    Not so sure about the coverage for a 3x5 in flower though.
    It seems adequate but if you want to fill out a 3x5, you might want a bit more.
    Both of those are rated to flower a 2x4.

7. I would also check out niemiled.com, they have well priced high performance quantum boards and use top-bin diodes directly from Samsung and OSRAM and are based out of Chicago.

8. I feel like you should keep looking. A lot more light to be had for that amount of money!

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Was thinking 2 of those 250w boards which I forgot to include. Not enough?

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Do you have any recommendations? I'm here to learn!

• Like Like x 1
  11. Shit sorry, yeah. Well, it depends on what you want in a light really. I see you like the “v4” the lights with UV. For those you’d want to go to kingbrite or maybe even Meijiu. My supplier didn’t have lights THAT fancy. He has Boards with OSRAM. And epistar, but ignore those. Osram if you want red IMO. If you don’t want the extra UV which you’ll do just fine without lol, I went with Shenzhen Shining Opto Electric. The sell the qb’s, but their inventory is full of different LED shit that has nothing to do with growing. For ~$300 you’ll get 480w. Or you could get a 320w kit for like 2-250. Ive got two different sets of lights from them, and I’m not upset.

12. Oh yeah, those are alibaba suppliers.

13. I looked at alibaba and ultimately decided it was worth my peace of mind to shop within the continent. I realize there's money to be saved, but just don't feel comfortable sending my hard earned money across the pond when there's dealers here that can be dealt with more confidently, both pre and post purchase.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  14. If you are looking for quantum boards and you want to make sure you are getting the best diodes and a high quality light, either order from HLG or NiemiLED, imo.

• Winner Winner x 1
  15. Ohhhhhhhhhh got ya! Yeah, Alibaba.com has zero assurances, warranties, or guarantees.

16. I have the budgetled Red Spec in my flower tent. The dimmer is a plus and plants are responding well, reputation wise on their Instagram growers really like them and I found them on 420mag where they are a sponsor.

• Agree Agree x 1