Trying to convince my wife to let me grow

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by ImDrRockso, Nov 10, 2012.

1. Has anyone else had to to some convincing before growing? My wife is afraid of getting caught even though I have a dr's rec. Any advise??

2. I had to convince my girlfriend. I was growing before I met her, but I stopped for 6 months. She doesn't like it inside, so I grew outdoors this year. I started to grow again inside and she was negative about it "taking over the house" so I got a second house to grow in. I let her "help" as much as she can and now that she sort of feels apart of it she accepts it a little better, but still thinks I am going a little over board with my 75 indoor plants and whatever I do outside. Women =/

3. hahaha I'm only asking for 1 plant! She was opposed to me getting my rec but I eventually wore her down and now she smokes with me. I'm sure that if I bring it up enough she'll eventually be okay with it and probably even get hooked on growing herself. I just gotta find the right times to bring it up

4. I started out with 3, then kind of got hooked. Growing is def a hobby and once you do it you'll want to continue to do more. Every cycle has its own thing, and so when its vegging you miss seeing it bud, and when its budding you miss taking clones, topping etc. My girl helps a little now with watering and even trimming. I have her in there and explain to her what I am doing. I make sure to let her know we are a "team" and thank her for her "help" lol. You could even eventually grow a second for her so she could have her own plant too.

5. #5 MyDogSmokesWeed, Nov 10, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 10, 2012
    Yup. Mine wasn't really keen on it. In fact, she wasn't for it at all, but frankly I'm not nearly as nice when I'm not smoking. lol. I tend to feel shitty when I don't smoke (Nausea) so when I do smoke I'm much happier. She makes me smoke sometimes, and we just couldn't afford to get it many times. She didn't want me to do it at first because she didn't want me to get caught. Now we're in a medical state, and she didn't want me to do it because of the electricity. I broke everything down for her though and she's in. We had to compromise though and I only get to do 1 run a year. So I got a 1000W and I'm going to make my 1 grow a year count. lol. Hopefully I'll have enough for the entire year. I"m not selling though, so I don't have to worry about production. I just figured it's cheaper to do 1 grow and try to get a lot of weed rather than keeping a continuous grow and having to pay all that electricity.

I just broke it down in dollars and cents though. We buy X amount of weed at Y amount of price which equals Z amount of money.

Growing we spend X amount and possibly (if done right) could potentially get a couple pounds and not have to grow again for over a year.

Plus I was tired of dealing with criminals to get it. I was robbed 2X when I lived in Baltimore and after the 2nd I swore it wouldn't ever happen again. That's when I decided to grow. I'm tired of being classified a criminal because I smoke weed. It's stupid nonsense. I don't get why I can't just go to the store and buy a pack or joints. Sell it just like cigarettes and regulate it like cigarettes and alcohol. They always say marijuana is associated with criminals... Well Duh! What exactly do you expect? When you make something illegal it gets associated with criminals. Anytime there's a market for something and you have prohibition people will get around it, just like they did with alcohol.

6. Yeah Im thinking my best bet is to get her hooked on it and convince her that the feds aren't going to raid us for 1 or 2 plants.

7. #7 MyDogSmokesWeed, Nov 10, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 10, 2012

I'm already hooked. lol. I'm a little over 2 weeks in flower on my first run with bagseed and I'm loving it. It's a lot of fun and very fulfilling to see it'm sure that will be the best blunt. lol. Until next grow when I do some Lemon Skunk, White Rhino, and Sweet Deep Grapefruit! lol.

As for getting her involved, try teaching her, and as she gets into it grow 2 plants and tell her 1 is hers and make it like a competition (let her win though). lol. If her's has problems help it out. Remember your a "team", but couples are usually competitive. Honestly, my girls already fine with it after seeing that I could grow. lol. I think she mainly didn't want to waste the money buying equipment and then not get anything. I went all out with the stuff I bought. lol. Not with price, but I got pretty much the biggest stuff. Big light, fan, etc. So she was just concerned with startup prices and the cost of the grow VS. buying it. It was a really easy battle to win. Especially when you factor in that we usually get shitty weed, so the fact that it will be tons cheaper AND we'll get better buds, it was a pretty easy decision.

8. Have her watch "the union" on Netflix. After my wife watched that she felt a lot better about mr growing. The other thing I did was popped a couple bag seeds. I told her I just wanted to see what the seedlings looked like (didn't even have a light at this point), and that I'd kill the after two weeks. Then when they started to sprout I had her "help me" name them. Once they had names, she wanted to "save" them. Next thing you know I have a 400w a tent a fan and a filter. The other thing I did was put her basil plant in the tent so it feels like she has something invested in the setup too. Good luck, brother.

9. One of those "right times" to bring it up might be just after you've restocked with bud, saying something like "damn, do you know how much we would save by growing?" :D

From Hollywood to Congress. Money talks my friend. Money talks.

10. I'd be going with clones since Im so close to a bunch of dispensaries and I'll avoid any mailing troubles like getting my seeds confiscated or having my mailing address of the grow site out there.

11. We don't spend very much money at all on weed because we don't smoke often, the main reason I want to grow is for the hobby aspect of it. I'm thinking when we're drunk or high I'll 'plant the seed' in her mind again. I'll say it'll be an early xmas present

12. Just do what I did. The second she opens up to the idea and lets you get a light, get the biggest light you can. lol. Then afterwards play stupid and pretend like you didn't know it was so big and powerful. Then tell her it's a waste to just have 1 plant. lol. So grow a couple more.

13. Well you've got your recommendation, so all you need to do is grow in line with your laws. Trust me out of all the people that get raided, MMJ patients growing for personal use are not the priority! There's such a small chance of getting caught even doing it illegally, as long as you take the right precautions. A well set up indoor grow can supply you with your own cannabis and nobody has to know about it. What's even better is you are in a situation to do it legally.

14. Or just bring her to a hydro shop with you. Its there job to break it down and convince people that this is the right stuff to get and you'll be happy. They can say the same you say, but usually girls will be less negative around other people. Once they actually sit and listen to it without instantly having the mind set of no it clicks in that this could work. I wanted to spend 700 on 3 lights/bulb/ballist setup. The answer was NO WAY. I took her in the shop and 30 mins later she handed the guy my 700 dollars and we left with the lights I wanted.

15. I plan on just doing a little cabinet or rubbermaid cfl grow, spending maybe like $75. I already have pretty much everything I'll need: lights, pots, soil. Id just need a new non see-through rubbermaid, mylar, timer, fans, filter, and nutes. And a clone of course, $10-$15 at the clone shop. I think she sees it as growing a big tree in our garage. I'm going to really push the stealth-ness of it all. Wish me luck.

16. Found a bagseed so I'm gonna try to pop it and say i want to see how far along I can get it growing

17. [quote name='"MyDogSmokesWeed"']Just do what I did. The second she opens up to the idea and lets you get a light, get the biggest light you can. lol. Then afterwards play stupid and pretend like you didn't know it was so big and powerful. Then tell her it's a waste to just have 1 plant. lol. So grow a couple more.[/quote]

Lol this is how I got my roommate into it.