Trying To Conceive.. Cannabis Effect on Sperm? Is a break needed?

Discussion in 'General' started by JollyStoner, Mar 15, 2013.

1. Hello All,

I'm interested in hearing from other parents in regards to their experience with trying to conceive when the "MALE" smokes weed.

My wife and I plan on trying next month. We already have a 5 year old son but at the time when he was conceived I hadn't smoked weed for well over a year. Now I smoke it frequently when I have it. I've been reading about how it reduces sperm count, causes sperm to behave abnormally, etc. I'm curious to know what your real-life experiences have been. Have you experienced any issues with infertility or any complications that you suspect was caused from cannabis use?

I don't do any other drugs whatsoever and rarely drink alcohol. My wife has never smoked weed or done any drugs so it's not her that I'm worried about. Do you think a break is in order?

2. I would take a break to be safe, the worst that can happen is your kid is more healthy right?

Also, I would assume that smoking lowers sperm count, after all there is still tar and shit in marijuana smoke.

3. Idk... my ex knocked me up and he smoked weed, tobacco and he drank.

We were both teens, so it might not have been affecting him the same as it would with an older guy. If I was you id start taking colder showers and DO NOT wear briefs. Apparently cooler showers raise the sperm count and wearing briefs lower your sperm count.

And man on top is the best position. Your wife could also put a pillow under her pelvis, so its elevated and lay down like that for about 15 minutes after sex.