Trying To Clone From 1st Grow

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by BlueJoe, Apr 10, 2018.

1. I topped the plants of my first grow and decided to try clone the tops. I improvised a setup with a led light I wasn't using + a heating mat. So far they've been alive and well for 3 days, which I'm surprised. I didn't use any gel or anything.
    Any suggestion on when to transfer them to small pots/put inside my tent? When should I turn off the mat? So far it's been on 24/7 with the light
    i've been keeping them wet/with the lid on, but they're starting to outgrow the dome
    thanks!!
    pics:

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  2. Takes mine about 3 weeks to show roots.
    BNW

• Like Like x 2
  3. Hey BlueJoe!
    I'm waiting for my clones to root, I am learning patience lol
    Are you going to start a grow journal?
    Lots of help around here! Easy to get an audience of followers Happy Growing

Sent from my SM-A520W using Tapatalk

4. hey nice, where's a link your journal?
    I have a journal for my grow, that I havent updated lately a lot lol but I didnt think of starting one for my clones since I wasnt even planning on cloning on thist first time growing
    I upgraded my "dome" with a box lol

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  5. First indoor grow 2018!
    Hope to see you there

Sent from my SM-A520W using Tapatalk

6. #6 hdhke17, Apr 10, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 10, 2018
    You generally don't want those peet pellets exposed to light. The roots are going to grow right out of the pellet but will prune themselves when they get to the air and light. Not what you want trying to clone. Better to get a cloning tray that lets you drop the pellets in.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1