Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Trying seed/stem tea

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by MyBuddyJebus, Sep 29, 2009.

1. I have a lot of stems and seeds saved up so I figured I would take a stab at making some tea. I've read a lot of comments on both it working and not working. I figured I would give it a try. I'm making a tai-chi so I can add milk since we all know THC is not water soluble. Here is the method I am using that I found:

4 cups water
    \t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t1 cup marijuana leaf
    \t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t2 of your favorite tea bags
    \t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\thoney (optional, but good)
    \t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\tmilk/soy milk/rice milk (optional, but \t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\tgood)

\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\tBoil water and leave the leaf simmering \t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\tin water for about 15 min. Add tea bags \t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\tand or milk/honey and boil for another \t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t5-10 min. If adding milk, pour very \t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\tslowly so the milk doesn't curdle. Or \t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\tmicrowave the milk first so it's a \t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\tlittle warm as it hits the boiling tea.

I'll update later with whether this worked or not. Even if it doesn't, a nice cup of tea sounds good anyways
    \t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t :p

2. I think you should leave the seeds out

I'm almost certain they don't do anything because they don't have anything that gets you high on em...

3. Well.. Me and my friend had some stems and some shake left once, and we wanted to try tea. so we just took coffee filters, put them over 2 cups, and put a decent amount of shake/stems on the coffee filters, and poured hot water onto them. it worked fairly well, but your recipe seems legit.

4. you need some kind of fat to extract the thc. otherwise its kinda pointless except for taste.

5. Leave out the seeds. There's nothing in them that gets you high, period. Either plant them, or toast them and eat them.

6. The milk has enough fat as its a colloid. You should add some honey as the thc will also readily bind to it.
    Also, you don't need to separate those steps where you add the milk to the water.

You need 3 parts milk to one water lots of honey, throw some teabags, your weed(as finely ground as possible, some ginger, maybe star anise, cinnamon stick... get creative...
    heat while stirring because you don't want the milk to boil. 5-10 mins or so is enough for the thc to be released. Strain + serve. Marshmallows to drop in are a tasty treat.

7. Update:

The tea tasted pretty good. It gave a slight relaxing body buzz. I didn't get to brew it as long as I wanted because just brewing the stems and seeds in the first step made my apartment smell of cannabis really badly. I had to throw in my other tea bags to cover up the smell. The taste had a very distinct cannabis taste to it. My husband and I liked it though. We are going to spring for this tea instead of firecrackers the next time we want to injest cannabis.

Even if the seeds don't contribute to getting me high I read that brewing them can extract some of the oil and the healthy amino acids. They were not mature seeds so they could not be planted. Might as well eat them some way right?

I'm going to try your method next time Mong. Brewing everything together should cover up the smell better.