Trying out leds

Discussion in 'Grow Room Design/Setup' started by dan min, Jun 21, 2022.

Tags:
  1. The old one is a woven material and the new one is a stamped material?

2. Spiderfarmer stamped on the left

3. what are the inside corners of the frames made of? Plastic or metal?

• Like Like x 1
  4. 20220629_092022.jpg

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  5. I got mail! Setting it up within a day or 2.
    20220629_150020.jpg

• Like Like x 3
  6. I'm torn between the spider farmer and the vivosun brands. I started with a vivosun tent/ light. Not sure which to go for on my light upgrade.

Sent from my SM-S124DL using Grasscity Forum mobile app

7. I've never used any spiderfarmer, thanks for the info. I like vivosun in general, but have had a few issues with some products. I have 2 MarsHydro tents and am completely satisfied with them. 5 runs in with zero issues. Holding up well. easy to clean, no light leaks, and the zippers still feel like new. I did spray silicone lubricant on the plastic zippers when new, I'm guessing it didn't hurt. They can be a failure point on the cheaper tents.

8. I thought about a gorilla tent but they got the split doors that join with a zipper. That failed on my last 2 tents.

• Like Like x 1
  9. I have the vivosun 4x4 tent and on the main door one of my zippers got stuck.... but it's at the edge and the other zipper works good so it's fine... but yeah if this other zipper got stuck as well I'd be fucked

Sent from my SM-S124DL using Grasscity Forum mobile app

10. Plugs are a bit strange but it was assembled in 15mins. I need to learn the dimmer switches. There's a lock out button or something. The dimmer is nice and progressive with a full range of adjustment. A wider light would get more yeild but I got enough heat coming from this already.
    Fully dimmed is to bright to look directly at. Full power is insane. Sore eyes as I write this. I must get full spectrum led glasses.
    Screenshot_20220630-125038_Video Player.jpg

• Like Like x 4
  11. Handyman will be done here in 24hrs then I'll construct the tent and put a few thing in there. Feminised photoperiod gelato will be first to grow in here. 4/5 seeds get purple and only once did I get a pheno with that horrible, not dank floral taste.
    Gelato2.jpg 20210515_060102.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  12. The trick is to hold the door or window up as you unzip or zip keeping the overlap material on the backside of the zipper from getting caught. Ceaper vivosun user here with 0 zipper failures

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  13. I got the tent up. It was a bit more difficult than the split door tents. Supplied rachet straps have plastic gears so I used my old ones. Carbon filter will go in when it smells and the ballast is outside the tent for now. Still need a ocelation fan. Now I need to turn the exhaust fan on and learn this controller. I may just run it full time if the controller is annoying.
    20220703_011829.jpg 20220703_011711.jpg 20220703_011747.jpg

• Like Like x 2
  14. I so don't do it like they tell you to ;)

an excerpt
    upload_2022-7-2_10-35-59.png

glad you got it all up n running. Looks good

15. How's the light leak / penetration thru the threaded parts with the stamped tent vs the fabric one?

16. I located a couple pin holes behind a pole. Otherwise it's perfect. The black Ducting is too thin it lets light pass through.

17. Im using living organic soil made two grows ago with synthetic hydro nutrients. No ph or ec measurements or adjustment will be done.
    Gelato seeds went straight into soil. I watered in worm castings and antimatter. I really need a box with a heat pad cuz I suck at sprouting.
    20220703_210350.jpg 20220703_185213.jpg 1594719591.png

• Like Like x 1
  18. I got a heat tray but it's to weak. No seeds poping up around here.
    20220705_155708.jpg

19. Im getting it sorted. If these seeds don't sprout I'll be better prepared for the next ones. Only got 3 gelato seeds left. I'll never use horrible looking 2000k hps at home again but I still like my 315cmh 4200k. It's just staying in there until I can get a seedling sprouted.
    20220705_183348.jpg

20. I don't think they will sprout. I have home made seeds that sprout easy but I'd like to know what im growing exactly. No plastic cups sold at my local shopping centre today is an inconvenience to getting new seeds started asap.

• Like Like x 1