Tryin to start my seeds in a wet paper towel in a ziplock baggie?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Broon_420, Nov 20, 2003.

1. Im try to start my seeds in a wet paper towel in a ziplock baggie has anyone did that??????

2. yea, ive done it in a sandwhich bag. Just remember dont give up on the seeds, I thought mine wouldent germinate so i threw the baggie in a drawer and then like a few days later I had a bunch of em going. Now a few plants too.

3. I started 2 days ago.They look like there starting.

4. well i started mine like 3 days ago and one is starting to sprout

5. yeah, i'm doing it now.. but with foil, not a bag. one's growing pretty good.. its been about 4 days. i'm gonna try leaving it in there as long as i can, then plant it.

6. i think thats a good way to germinate.

7. i used that method all the time with it being on a heat mat and in the dark.

8. hey there so i have had my best luck with usig 4 layers of papper towel 2 layers for each side of the seed. wet them to all hell but not soaking so that there sitting in water, place them in cerial bowl and cover it with foil or somthing that will not let light pennatrate. make sure to keep it in a warm dry DARK i repete DARK for 36 hours, check it and if it hasnt sprouted wait another 36 then check it again. this works almost 90% of the time if the seeds are good. there are ways of checking that but thats a diffornt story
    hope this helps
    peace:wave:

9. Im doing it right now with some cucumber seeds works great!