Try, Try, Again

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Unclenugs, Apr 30, 2008.

1. First, a little background

Hello, I'm a frustrated beginner grower. I grew some b-52 from Nirvana about a year ago, and used their forum as a lifeline. I was not impressed with my crop at all, but to no fault of Nirvana's. I had problems with my lights and soil, stretching them the first week, and unknowingly setting them to flower under a hps with a bad capasitor for three weeks. i screwed it up bad but still ended up with a bit of gangaly lookin bud. I strongly reccomend Nirvana, but their forum is doing something, so i'm hoppin over to you guys for advice.

ok, so i started another grow, this time with bagseed and again, i'm screwing it up. i'm 5 weeks into flowering, and i dont like what i see. its not that they dont look healthy, just very stunted. you guys shouldn't have to see them like that, so little, so no pics, sorry. i'm gonna let them finish, dry em and smoke em all in a fat jay. i think they're just root bound and just sad because i dont have my 400w hps right now, so i'm flowering them under a 170w MH. (i know, i know)

But this is not about them. I want to grow again, and this time do it right with only a couple of plants, and really focous on making them the healthyest that they can be, then do more from there. I have a decent budget, adequate space, no need for steath, and all the determination to get this done right.

so, after all that, i want all of your opinions

I have:
    -1 400w hps
    -2 100w hps
    -1 170w mh
    -fan
    -3'x3'x8' closet

so what i need to know is; what would you do with what i have, for my level of ability(havn't really proven myself in the past)? lst? scrog? try hydro? stick with good ol' soil? should I top my plants? i'm not lookin to be the best, i just want to finally have a crop that I can be proud of.

i have room for more, but I only want to do 4 plants as well as I can.

I understand hydroponics, and am very interested. I could easily build bubble buckets, as described on this site, but i dont want to get in over my head, especially if i can hardly grow in soil. my plants live, but arent impressive.

so tell me what you would do in my situation.

Remember: i know the basics, and dont need to be reminded of them, just let me know what kind of plants you would grow, how, and with what nutrients...etc...

2. I've done a couple of outdoor soil grows in the past and had mixed results but since I switched to hydro it's been an easy ride you should do some research on those bubble buckets or build a simple dwc, get some good nutes(Advanced nutrients) and you already got the lights,your set.

3. is hydro harder than soil, or is it just that more can go wrong? maybe even that coco stuff from the other thread, i've seen that, and wanted to use it, maybe, its as close to the best of both worlds as i can get...

4. Personally I think you can make either one as easy or hard as you want,Just as much can go wrong with eachof themI use rockwool cubes and and clay balls for grow media.