Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Try this!

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by enevitable, Dec 21, 2006.

1. so I've done this multiple times, but after a very nice experience last night, i decided to write it up

THE DRY ICE BONG

Alright before you naysayers post, of course you don't put the dry ice in the bong!
    heres what you need to do, and don't complain at me if you mess it up because you didn't read it correctly, if you follow the directions you wont break anything or get hurt

what you need:
    -go pick up about 3-4 pounds of dry ice, its usually about a dollar a pound so its all good
    -go to your kitchen and find a sauce pan, and then get a pot that you can fit your bong in, but can also fit the bottom of it into your sauce pan

what you have to do:
    -start prepping your bong (this is very important!!!!) start it off by putting it in the sink and running very cold water through it, so the entire piece gets cold
    -now put the regular amount of ice you would put in it normally
    -let it sit out and cool while you prepare the dry ice
    -put the chunks of dry ice in the sauce pan, and start grinding it to a powder with the pot, grind it all up until its small chunks that you can easily work with
    -now put about a inch layer of dry ice in the pot
    -now put your bong in
    -now fill the rest of the pot up with dry ice up to the downstem
    -now let it sit there for about 4-5 minutes, you are supercooling the shit of your bong

its ready to hit, I did this with some of my buds, and we were blazed as hell, the hits you will take are 10x colder then what you can get with just ice, and it feels so amazing. you will take the biggest rips of your life guranteed

remember you have to prep the bong with ice and cold water, you dont want to break it by cooling it too fast

and ENJOY

oh yeah not to mention this shit is fun to do after you are totally blazed, i love making new stuff

2. is the chemicals coming off of dry ice fine to inhale though?
    Cold hits rock though, i love snowbongs, you can get so much more smoke into your lungs

3. sounds fun. i'll have to get some dry ice

4. the only chemical that comes off dry ice is carbon dioxide

5. Word that's some pretty straight shit.

but as some of you may know, ice bongs and shit can cause severe colds or even bronchitis (think about it, you're breathing in super cold air super fast.)

try hot water in your bong, it's sweet.

But this dry ice shit sounds trippy as shit.

6. I would becareful about what kind of bong you are useing it seems like with the extreme tempeture changing it could be easy for the glass to break not sure if this is really a factor you should even really have to worry about but i would becareful about it. Sounds awesome though i might do it with one of mine soon.

7. you dont breathe in any carbon dioxide if you read the thread, the dry ice is on the outside of the bong, try this its freaking amazing, biggest hits you will ever take in your life, and make sure you hold the pot you use by the handle, the condensation put off by the dry ice will freeze the bottom of the pan, and snow will collect all over it making it super cold

8. no no, read the instructions

i have you prime the bong first, so it isnt extreme temperature changing, I have thought all of that out and it has worked successfully for me many times!
    you must make sure you run it under cold water for a few minutes and then let it set with ice in it so that it cools down, follow my directions exactly and you will have absolutely no problems

9. One question: where do you find Dry ice? would i be looking in chemistry stores?

10. bongs are made from borosilicate glass it takes very well to extreme temperature changes as far as glass goes

11. You have an ice distributor near you? Search for it because you probably do. The same guys that sell the bags of normal ice to stores carry this stuff.

12. a cold is a virus so you have to be exposed to the virus to get it so just hitting a cold bong will not give you a sever cold

and as for bronchitis i hit google and found this and according to it the thing that would give you broncitis would be the smoke itself and it would not mater if it was cold or not

Chronic bronchitis can develop if a individual has repeated shots of illness which are not taken care of. Other factors such as prolonged exposure to polluted air, bronchial irritants such as cigarette smoking, allergens, dust and chemical fumes which lower the immune resistance make the body susceptible to broncitus.

for the last year(not as much now since i got some glass) or so i have been hitting homemade bongs and almost every time i fill it with ice and i have been completly illness free no colds no bronchitis

also you are right about the hot water in the bong it makes it very smooth aswell

13. I don't know about you guys, but dry ice isn't the easiest to find where I'm at....but it sounds pretty kool bro +rep for the idea.

14. i tried that before i thought it was mad gross

15. a grocery store bro, local hy-vee always has it, im sure almost all other grocery store chains will have it too

edit: and oh yeah, ive been looking into liquid nitrogen, but that shit might be way too crazy, it can freeze the glass instantly and my roomate told me itd be a horrible idea :p, but its only 20$ a liter!

16. yea.. my friend broke his moms old ass bong that she passed down to him by putting hot water in to clean it..
    she still doesnt know about it...

17. Dry ice can be found at almost any grocery store, like the ones that would have those freezers in the entrance with normal ice, but that may just be my neck of the woods. Also when ure done you can just make dry ice bombs fun as hell when baked kinda scary if you dont know what to expect. ALso where do you get liquid nitrogen for 20 bucks? thats great, not for bongs exactly but its funa s long as you dont lose an appendage.

18. local welding supply store, gotta supply own container to get it that cheap, but a really insulated thermos holds it pretty good ive been told, still deciding if im crazy enough to get some

19. yeah that sounds cool, but i dont think i would use it for anything that will end p inside of me- thats just asking for bad news and just the type of thing that makes people look down upon marijuana users.

20. nah you gotta use marijuana to get good ideas to use it, not to fuck your shit up and have people look down on you. i'm sure theres a lot of tight shit i can in my apartment with this stuff, just gotta blaze a bowl and brainstorm!