Truth or Fact : Are men equal?

Discussion in 'Philosophy' started by GGrass, May 22, 2010.

1. Sometimes I see so much inequality in the world, that it is hard to believe that we are equals.

I'm feeling very sad right now, for no apparant reason.

2. Go away boy !;)

3. Why do I hear that as 'come here' boy?

So, what seems to be the problem, Mr. Greenrocket?

:)

4. why would i care what they have to say? they are both part of everything, and it stands to reason that everything is everything, which suggests to me that everything is more or less the same, despite what any conscious being's opinion might be.

5. I feel that a more objective question is:

Relative to their time period/surroundings do these men have the same opportunity to become unequal?

6. Hello GGrass,

The statement "Go away Boy" is not directed at you personally.

What is the measure of equality.

Is it physical - social - economical - intellectual - cultural etc

Or is it based on certain disadvantages they may face in their communities and how they are viewed by their peers.

How could we have any idea.

What may give a person status in our societies may be less significant in there communities.

7. Hm... what is the measure of equality... hm... let's suppose this...

A boy is born, let's call him Jack.

Another boy is born. Let's call him Paul.

Jank and Paul are born on the same day, same time, but at a different place.

Jack is born in a community hospital, and as soon as he's born, he's given a social number. Citizen 100255789 (aka Jack)

Paul is born in a Royal Palace. As soon as he's born, he's given a title of 'Prince'. Prince Paul.

------

Now, are they equal?

8. Well only when you decide to take a point of reference to hold a point of view, can you put things in a perspective. But you have to understand, its just *one* perspective, of infinite perspectives.

There is no one pinpoint angle to see things from in this life

So, with life just being whatever point of view your reality tunnel sits behind, you can see that all the judgments are coming from your side of the fence ;)

Life isn't good / bad / equal until you paint it that way. And if you're deciding all the qualities in your experience, reflect the ones that you're attracted to the most and spread those ;) (Sound familiar?)

9. I'm trying to say men are not equal.

But I think this is just local phenomenum.

In my locality, men are not equal.

But at other locations, men are equal.

Like in USA, yeah, men are equal. No doubt about it.

But in Thailand, no, men are not equal. No doubt about it.

10. Ggrass,

Your taking about having equal access to opportunity.

11. Ggrass,

Your talking about having equal access to opportunity.

12. I agree with some of the people's post's before me, depends on what you're comparing. As a general question, it can simply not be answered with "Truth" or "Fact". Generally speaking, I prefer to answer with "No". Truth and Fact state that the answer to this question is "True" at the time being. Because it is not true on EVERY single comparison imaginable, that sir, is the reason for my answer being "No".

13. No man is born equally to another man, both are presented with different skill sets, opportunites and other variables at birth which make it nearly impossible for a man to be equal to his counterpart in every way.

14. Thanks for this post!

Exactly what I was trying to get at...

15. Should we try to make men equal?

16. No. Some men are born at 7 pound 6 ounces and others are born 10 pounds 2 ounces.

17. No. Some men are actually men, the rest are just pretending.

18. IF we had a 'human farm', where we farm humans, the humans that are farmed from these farms might be considered 'equals', even though they may differ in shapes and colors, and differ in functions as well.

19. Great idea !

You will just need sum human seeds and magic water.:smoking:

20. Equal in relation to what?

Are we all equally part of existence? yes

are we all equally good at playing basketball? no