Truth behind it all

Discussion in 'Philosophy' started by c0weenie, Dec 18, 2012.

1. Do you ever feel as if the government is just hiding things from us? Important information so they can keep up under their fingers?
    What I also always ponder is the legalization. The ganj makes us all happy. How wonderful would the world be, no war no hate. Everyone coming together as one with peace and vivid minds.

2. Not anymore.

All governments hide things. But don't let it get you down. Live your life the way you feel you want it to be, and leave the fear alone. Unless you want to get into politics and change things, it won't help worrying about it.

Hasn't two US States just made MJ legal? At least on a state level anyway. Perhaps you can support that in some way, or help the others to do the same thing.

Assuming you're in the US of course. ;)

3. search secrete society and illuminate to have your mind blown if you havnt already did a little research

4. idunno dude..thugs smoke a lot of weed and they love stabbing and shooting eachother and shit.

5. [quote name='"c0weenie"']Do you ever feel as if the government is just hiding things from us? Important information so they can keep up under their fingers?
    What I also always ponder is the legalization. The ganj makes us all happy. How wonderful would the world be, no war no hate. Everyone coming together as one with peace and vivid minds.[/quote]

You think people that smoke weed don't murder, kill, steal, and wage war as much as sober people?

I call bullshit, plenty of hungry stoners would kill you for a lb.

6. It is often shown in movies that thugs smoke weed and then just commit violence, etc.
    But this cannot be quite right. We know how cannabis affects people, and on the whole, if you observe a group of drinkers and a group of smokers, you will most likely see fighting and aggressive stuff (ask any city police force or A&E on a Friday night) with the drinkers, and munchie eating, chillin', music listening, laughing, going on with the smokers.

The thugs don't just take cannabis. They take drugs. Meaning they're smoking, drinking, snorting, whatever, all at the same time. Their world is all about the ego, so I'm sure a line of powder is always preferred over a spliff, and regardless of what is taken, you can never show weakness lest someone attempt to manipulate and control you. They always have to have their wits about them.

7. I read somewhere that it was originally outlawed a long time ago because they claimed it made white women fall in love with black men and this was when they still had slaves i think

8. this is not true

9. It is partly true. There was fear that it might make white women take up with black men, or at least they used the fear of this as part of getting it banned. The slaves bit is not.

10. Not true, directly. But they did use stuff like "the black man will rape your white women" to support the propaganda behind making it illegal.

It's illegal because of its competition to the paper industry. Most importantly.

11. It also had to do a lot with Mexican migrant workers, hence the spanish term "Marijuana".

You should look into the documentary "The Union: The business Behind getting High". Lays out the history very well, and is a very good film overall :)

12. Sounds to me like it removed the racism from white women

13. Yeh to sum degree, but that their problem. Only I hold my own truth.

14. Of course they are, but it shouldn't stop you from being free. ;)

15. I suggest you go and watch the movie 'Zietgeist: The\tMovie' you will be enlightened. Want to talk govt conspiracies, Illuminati, and other things just pm me. Very much enlightened.

16. [quote name='"Uphorik"']I suggest you go and watch the movie 'Zietgeist: The\tMovie' you will be enlightened. Want to talk govt conspiracies, Illuminati, and other things just pm me. Very much enlightened.[/quote]

Ill have to remember that for future reference and watch it sometime

17. I'll also second the recommendation, it's very good. There are 3 movies in the Zeitgeist series, my personal favorite is the 3rd "Zeitgeist: Moving Forward". But there'll all pretty good.

18. I'm reading this book now. It is terrifying.

19. The girl dies.

jk idk.