trunk stealth lowryder grow

Discussion in 'Grow Room Design/Setup' started by shackleford, Dec 22, 2006.

1. ok i got a storage box that im going to paint white on the inside i plan to run a surge protector into it and putting 6 26-42W cfls in one of those bathroom fixture on the top that opens i hope to grow lowryder and have wheels on it to have intake holes in the bottom and an exhaust fan on the side facing a wall i also plan to increase co2 levels but my questions are
    -what would i need to do so the lights turn off when i open it kind of like a reverse refridgerator?
    -should i pant the inside flat or gloss white?
    -will the exhaust be sufficient?
    -where is the cheapest place to get lowryder seeds shipped to the us from?
    -do you think this idea is phesable? the box is approximatel 3'x1'x1' deminsion wise
    -any suggestions, problems, criticism, or anything?

2. or i could mount an exhaust fan to the top on the inside and since its hollow just drill many tiny holes on the other end and hole on the base at the same end so air can come in

3. yea, put the fan on top if u can, it will exhaust better because heat rises... and why would u want your lights to turn off when u open it?
    -flat white
    -exhaust should be fine, set it up before u grow with everything in it, and test the temps
    -probably will work, but u could only do 2 plants max (if u managed to fit 2 pots in there to begin with)

4. actually id be growing lowryder in 2L bottles thatd been cut in half but why only 2 i know i could fit 6 with ease and itd be 252Wof cfl mixed in temps all im sayin is how wouldnt i be able to grow mutiple plants with 24000lumens in a 3 cubic foot space