Trumps Drug Czar Pick

Discussion in 'Marijuana News' started by dickie fickle, Nov 19, 2016.

1. Trump has picked a hard line anti pot czar in Sessions .
    Do you think the expansion of drug related businesses will help to turn his opinion on not legalizing weed on a national level ? Also Trump will need tax funds for new programs and incentives he plans to impliment .

• Like Like x 1
  2. Hopefully, he leaves it at state level, like he hinted toward. Then again, he makes up his mind at 12 pm, and changes it at noon, lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

• Like Like x 1
  3. He's a business man I think he will realize the benefits of the legal weed world on the economy and not try to fight it.

• Like Like x 4
  4. The question is, does the benefits of him getting Tobacco and Alcohol company's bribe money outweigh the money that can be obtained through legal weed? Or will he try to do the right thing even if it doesn't make him as much money?

• Like Like x 3
  5. Good question. I believe he will do the right thing but I guess time will tell.

• Like Like x 3
  6. Keeping in mind of course he's not actually in charge, but nothing more than a puppet on strings. He dances whenever his new corporate overlords pull the strings. Ironic since he too is a corporate overlord. Or maybe this is their way of finally taking full control by having on of their's in the white house.

7. Trump also supports for profit prisons. For all we know Trump may feel reigniting the war on drugs is a good way to create jobs and fill those for profit prisons. As you said, he is a businessman. Sessions as a pick for attorney general does not bode well in my opinion. What trump has said in the past on the campaign trail is irrelevant compared to what he actually may do .

• Like Like x 5
  8. Every thing I've read about Sessions is bad. He's been quoted saying in the 1980's that he thought the K.K.K. was okay until he found out they smoked pot and "Good people don't smoke marijuana" in a Senate hearing in April.

How do people like this come to such power and why do we allow it?

• Like Like x 4
  9. “Good people don’t smoke marijuana,” Sessions said during a Senate hearing in April. “We need grown ups in Washington to say marijuana is not the kind of thing that ought to be legalized, it ought not to be minimized, that it is in fact a very real danger.”

In 2014, Sessions also took aim at FBI Director James Comey for making a joke at a hearing about the FBI having to relax its marijuana rules if it wanted to attract more young people to join the bureau.

“Do you understand that that could be interpreted as one more example of leadership in America dismissing the seriousness of marijuana use?” Sessions asked. “And that could undermine our ability to convince young people not to go down a dangerous path?”

This man is now in charge of federal law and its application. The above was quoted from an article on KTLA News website.

• Like Like x 3
  10. This couldn't be more correct. He's the pretty light a predatory fish has on its head to lure prey. The regime is the real danger. The president is a distraction.

"What do I do when the whole world is watching? ...I make them look the other way." - Ronaldinho

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

• Like Like x 1
  11. Regardless of what will happen, I'll still be tokin up.

• Like Like x 5
  12. Dump was elected(?) Maybe so but this should not be under estamated. Repukeblicans are an opressive party. Remember Nixion, the father of the drug schedule folly, well the handwriting is on the wall. Weed is going to be exterminated like a cockroach. Smoke'um if you got'um because in a year the only thing that will glow will be the nuclear waste land that use to be USA!

13. The quote should be changed to " good people don't work in government" ...

14. I second that!

15. What is your reasoning for this?

Cannabis isnt going anywhere

16. Just wait til it gets going, pot may still exist, however it will be demonized beyond your wildest nightmares!

17. I was interested in how you came to this conclusion.

18. Hey you don't need a weatherman to know which way the wind blows

19. The wind is strongly in the sails of cannabis proliferation and legalization, which is why i am asking you why you predict a shift in the trend?

20. Repuklican pres, far right sided cabinet, senate, house in their hands. It has a lot of power coming down to bear on pot. There agenda will prevail!