Trump want this guy to be a Supreme Court Justice!

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Buzzer777, Sep 6, 2018.

1. Does Trump rap?

2. Was wondering if he could get Tiger Woods to come to the White House to help Trump make peace with strippers.

3. #563 Cactus Ed, Oct 12, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 13, 2018
    Yes, Bernie would have won if there wasn't other candidates running against him. Let it go, that election is over. By limiting campaign contributions you give more power to the media you don't want to limit. Most of the talking heads are liberal like you, if they were more sympathetic to the Republicans you'd want their powers limited also. I don't expect you to admit that here but at least be honest with yourself.

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. You're not factoring in the three month campaign time frame in addition to the campaign finance restrictions. This will limit the influence of MSM in the election IMO.

5. Are you suggesting we have laws preventing the media from reporting on political candidates if it's not within 3 months of an election? How would that work? Trump isn't up for re election for a couple of years, do you think they shouldn't mention anything about him for the next two years?

• Like Like x 3
  6. No, candidates can't announce that they're running outside that three month time frame

7. I agree our system could use some tweaking but I can't see how not announcing their candidacy until three month prior to the election would make a difference. They could state they aren't running for office, give a wink, and they are off to the races. I don't have a suggestion for how to make politics fair other than eliminate all campaign rules entirely, everyone lives by the same rules and the people can use their money however they think best. If they want to give the mayor their last million for his campaign so be it, it's their money. Politicians would still have to abide by the current laws regarding fraud and corruption, that should be good enough. That's about all the opinion I have on campaign limits. When I gain new information my opinion may change.

8. That kind of arbitrary rule is similar to the thought process behind the popular "get money out of politics" slogan I keep hearing these days. People seem to think that if they just pass some laws they can prevent backroom deals and maneuvering when it's not that simple. Slap an arbitrary rule about how long someone's campaign can be and they'll just start quietly preparing and hinting about their candidacy. Make an arbitrary limit on campaign donations and they'll just start some alternative quid pro quo instead of straight cash.

This kind of thinking is what my man Sowell calls the "Vision of the Anointed", the idea that people are just chess pieces on the board of society that can be arranged according to their Utopian vision.

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. So no laws and pure anarchy amiright?

12. No, you just need to be careful about making laws you can't enforce and won't achieve what they're meant to. Good intentions aren't enough

• Like Like x 1
  13. #575 svedka, Oct 16, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 16, 2018
  14. You're being intellectually dishonest. Voter identification laws aren't discriminatory and is left up to the state. The Supreme Court has no business overturning it and would set a horrible precedent.

• Funny Funny x 1
  15. Equal protection to have a vote in the federal elections would be a horrible precedent?

State rights are important, but not as important as individual rights.

:smoke:

16. And to think the GOP keeps harping on election fraud when there isn't enough found to even call it a trace...
    ----------------------
    "LOUISVILLE, GEORGIA — Seniors in rural Georgia were dancing in the street, preparing to board Black Voters Matter‘s bus to cast their ballots on the first day of Georgia’s early voting period. But roughly 40 senior citizens were forced off the bus, an act that organizers described as witnessing “live voter suppression.”
    ‘This is live voter suppression’: Black Voters Matter blocked from taking Georgia seniors to vote

17. This article out a few days ago is a must read if you are not aware of how corporations own politicians by way of a war on democracy since the 70's... but it does hit on Kav too as the title implies... If you don't read another article the rest of the year, this one will bring many up to speed... except for those programmed to call "fake news" from the liar in chief himself...
    -----
    How Billionaires Bought Kavanaugh’s Seat on the Supreme Court
    "In the 1970s, a revolution began. It was a deliberately hidden revolution, concealed so well that it is unknown to most Americans, even though it has profoundly and forever changed the nation. This ongoing revolution has brought us a Grand Canyon of inequality, Donald Trump — and now, Brett Kavanaugh. To understand what happened, we must go to the beginning."
    https://truthout.org/articles/how-b...sc8pqnlxGeKb8V84ocZDAGJ3Isf2DD066NHr16Ey35bpk

• Like Like x 1
  18. If it was fair it wouldn't be called politics.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Grasscity Forum mobile app