Trump want this guy to be a Supreme Court Justice!

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Buzzer777, Sep 6, 2018.

1. I'm amused people unironically listen to Chenk or actually like TYT

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  2. [​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 5
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Like Like x 2
  3. I listened to the video for a few seconds but when he said Kavanaugh was for big business and against employees that was enough. When a person lies there's no point in continuing to listen. Kavanaugh was a judge and judges rule based on the merits. If the law supports the corporation then a judge must follow the law and rule for the corporation. If laws are unfair, and many are, the recourse is to change the law and that isn't what judges are supposed to do. If you were a judge would you make rulings based on what the law says or would you rule according to what you think is fair and equitable?

4. That should be Ginsberg passed out on the floor. She can’t even stay awake through the testimony. Lab could be up all night from a bender and still look more lively than her, lol

• Funny Funny x 1
  5. I don't think any of us want to see Ginsberg passed out with her panties around her ankles. Damn the news is boring without the Kavanaugh controversy. Maybe I'm just tired of winning.

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 2

6. CNN agrees

• Like Like x 3
  7. You should listen through. What he says about citizens united is true and disappointing. You're not in favor of citizens united are you?

Judges interrupt the laws. Different judges have different interpretations.

8. I had a good laugh off this one. Thank you!

• Like Like x 1
  9. Why should I watch a video made by a person who thinks Kavanaugh is a bad judge because he sided with big business and went against the little guy? That's as silly as saying Dr. Ford must be believed because she's a woman. What could I possibly learn from someone who thinks that way? I want to live in a society where the judges make rulings based on law instead of their opinion of what the law should be. I want to live in a society where we judge people based on their merits instead of their skin color, age, or financial status. People who say we need to get the old white guys out of power are bigots and I don't like bigots.

Do you see any difference between a corporation spending 5 million influencing an election and George Soros or the Koch bros spending 5 million influencing an election? What if a celebrity told 5 million of his acolytes to donate a dollar each to a campaign? Is that any different from the celebrity donating 5 million himself? I think the Citizens United case was settled appropriately but you haven't told me what you think, instead you want me to hear some other person tell me what he thinks. I'll listen to you, not him. If he wants to make a point he can come here to make it. He looks like a rich old white guy to me.

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  10. I think no one should give money to campaigns. Campaigning should be shortened to three months and come from a general election fund and distributed evenly amongst the candidates. Or at least reduce campaign contributions to less than two hundred dollars per person/organization.

• Agree Agree x 3
  11. Remember though, Trump is the one politicizing the SCOTUS right?

• Funny Funny x 1
  12. So you want money taken from me and put into a general fund to be given to someone that doesn't represent my opinions? No thanks. If I wanted to waste my money on a campaign fund I'll to give it to someone I want to be elected. What's it to you how long someone campaigns for office? Why would you care how much money I want to waste on a campaign?

Do you also want the talking heads on TV to be forbidden to talk about the various attributes of the candidates? That kind of publicity is worth a lot of money so how would you make that equitable? I guess my point is your idea of how to even the playing field doesn't even things at all. We'd have the media deciding who we should elect, much like they try to do now. Do you think MSNBC, CNN, and NBC would cover Trump the same as they would cover their favorite liberal candidate?

13. Corruption.

Three months from the time the candidate announces their running to the election. Media gonna be media. Nothing changes in that regard. They have first amendment protections. But because of the shortened timeline, it focuses more attention on the candidates themselves rather than the talking heads and their biases. My theory anyway.

14. The only way to make campaigns fair is for the government to stay completely out of it. If everyone has the same rules then it's fair. Sure some guys are going to say they bought the election but if the media constantly criticizes one candidate or endorses candidates it's the same as giving money to the campaign, lots of it. Being on the left, like most news organizations, I can see why you would want to make rules regarding contributions but you don't restrict what the media does because they're on your side. Corruption.

15. #556 Green Wizard, Oct 11, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 11, 2018
    You think the media was on Trump or Bernie's side? You give them too much credit. Bernie would've won the nomination if it weren't for Hillary and her goons in the DNC. Would've beat dotard Trump too.

16. That's a great way to get people like Trump. It would be nothing more than a popularity contest. The person with the most name recognition would win.

17. Nahhhh trump would have not only won the presidency but also the popular vote too if Bernie won the democrat nomination. The vote broke on party lines like in every election.
    2012 vote by party

PARTY
    Democratic
    92% for Dem
    7% for Rep
    Republican
    6% dem
    93% rep

2016 vote by party

PARTY
    Democrat
    89% Dem
    8% Rep
    Republican
    8% dem
    88% rep

18. If a bunch of low IQ folks were voting, yes. Wait.....

No seriously, a shorter campaign time frame would focus more on issues directly from the candidates mouth rather than PACs and media talking heads.

• Disagree Disagree x 2
  19. Does Kanye golf?

• Funny Funny x 2